Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

On 4/21/2020 at 10:12 AM, The Dogmother said:

I never thought that I would relish another's suffering  but to hear the North Korea's Kim Jong Un is gravely ill lifts my heart. That man's inhumane acts and policies make my blood boil.

Karma wins through! I am slightly worried about who might take over though.

Sounds like he might have taken it a step further along. At least it's something different to think about. 

Today I sorted out my wardrobe (as in 'clothes' not a physical closet!) Put the winter stuff away, got summer stuff out and sorted drawers and hanging space and filled a big box for the charity shop (when it re opens). Inexplicably 90% of my clothes are blue. It felt quite cathartic to go through everything and have a good turf out.

Before our Tesco delivery late yesterday afternoon I scrubbed out the 'fridge...taking out all the shelves, drawers and hanging bit in the door and washed everything down. Discovered some jars hiding at the back that I did think of taking to The Antiques Roadshow but decided to consign to the foodwaste and recycling! 

Must be something to do with Lockdown combined with Spring cleaning! Feels good, whatever!

• Like 2

To my total delight we now have at least two hedgehogs feeding in our garden. There may even be three tho' we've only seen two at any one time there does seem to be a marked size difference between all of them, hence our thoughts on there being 3. We have some hoggy food which we have been putting out - more ordered on the Tesco delivery for Friday - and a big bowl of water. Am beyond happy - I love these gorgeous little animals and was quite upset to have to take a baby one to St Tiggywinkles last Autumn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Soapy, I made my own from a large broken clay pot.  It got frosted and split vertically.  So I turfed the plant and soil out and voila!  The result is two curved hoggy houses.  I put them where I know they are going - underneath the bushes against s wall.  Covered with leaves etc.  They have been occupied constantly now for about 5 years. 

Edited by Patricia W
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 10:17 AM, The Dogmother said:

I see that the Camerons have got chicks and just bought a Cube mark 2.

Are they using garden netting as a walk-in run?! :lol:

I'd offer to pop over and give them a quick course, but we're not allowed out to play yet.

Just been on Knowles netting website and they have fox proof netting now.  Wonder how effective it is?

3 hours ago, Plum said:

Just been on Knowles netting website and they have fox proof netting now.  Wonder how effective it is?

Slightly ambiguous listing - the title calls it "fox proof" whereas the listing text says "prevents access by foxes". Make yer mind up! If they call it 'Fox Proof', then it needs to be just that... some of the longer standing Omleteers will remember Omlet changing the description on their run. 

I haven't seen the Knowles netting, but would be interested to see if a fox can chew through it... my money is on the fox ;)