Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I had a company install a cat flap in a window. Costs quite a bit, but result is nice. But ordered the big flap for big Red.

Yes you guessed it. I have a new window with a small hole and small flap right now... 

🤬

The flap is about the size of Reds head. Never gonna fit!
Now have to wait for them to order a new window with right sized hole and bigger flap.

7 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

Oh, at least he will be able to stick his head out for some fresh air.

How long before they come back and fit the right size for you ?

Two weeks, not too bad. Did ask the neighbours if they are interested in getting one too, as their cat is a lot smaller but they have the same house. I find it such a waste of a good window.

17 hours ago, mullethunter said:

Well. Four days on from the rules being relaxed to allow overnight stays and Cornwall is just completely overrun already 😔 I completely understand why people want to come here - it’s just that far too many do.

I love Devon and Cornwall but don't want to come on holiday this year.

When we've been in the past, it is usually quite busy, but add that amount to all the other people who want to come because they can't go abroad and it is just too much.

I feel safest at home and at school where I work.

• Like 1

On Wednesday after work I was doing bits and bobs around the garden and I put two eggs and my tea mug on the dry bird bath in the middle of he garden while I was in the greenhouse (collecting plants to move them indoors for the cold night) about 20 feet away. I came back to get the eggs about 5 minutes later to find them just completely gone with a little bit of egg left!!! I stood back behind a bush for about 30 seconds only to see a crow come down and beak up the dregs!!! Cheeky beast!!!!
Note to self - don’t leave eggs lying around!

On 4/30/2021 at 10:00 PM, mullethunter said:

On Wednesday after work I was doing bits and bobs around the garden and I put two eggs and my tea mug on the dry bird bath in the middle of he garden while I was in the greenhouse (collecting plants to move them indoors for the cold night) about 20 feet away. I came back to get the eggs about 5 minutes later to find them just completely gone with a little bit of egg left!!! I stood back behind a bush for about 30 seconds only to see a crow come down and beak up the dregs!!! Cheeky beast!!!!
Note to self - don’t leave eggs lying around!

How naughty of it.

A lesson for us all though.

We've been puzzling over the new French visiting regulations for non-EU? Seem hastily prepared with glaring omissions. How do you visit your own holiday property? How does anyone else as you have to provide their details to the local council, but you need to be here to do it? What happens if you are just driving through as without EU residence paperwork, you can't. How much cash do you need to be carrying at €65 compulsory expenses proof a day? Does your health insurance, which includes shipping your body back, need to be translated to French? Why do we have to pay €30 to register any visitors? I do despair sometimes of the French systems. And now it seems we have to have a vaccine passport to go anywhere, as will anyone passing through?

Seems gone are the days when we could get in the van and camp anywhere as we drove round, now we have to pre-book the campsites!

I don't think its just France, Beantree, although I am not familiar with your regs and they do sound very onerous and ill thought out.  Although the UK Govt has said Portugal is on a green list for travel, it is not yet official that the Portugeuse authorities will let UK residents in for a holiday!  Although it seems likely this will change on/by 17th, its not yet official.  And Portugal has said, within the last hour, that football fans coming to the Champions League final will only be allowed to fly in, watch the match, and fly out again.  Just how they justify/police that restriction IF they allow people to come for a week or whatever, on hols, is unclear.  My sense is that as time goes on, rules/regs will be relaxed/clearer, although I won't be holding my breath for a widespread outbreak of common sense too soon.

23 hours ago, Daphne said:

And Portugal has said, within the last hour, that football fans coming to the Champions League final will only be allowed to fly in, watch the match, and fly out again.

I cannot believe they’ve done this. It seems ludicrous at any time but particularly at the moment that two English clubs playing each other would go to another country to do it.

What about climate change?!

1 hour ago, Daphne said:

Cat Tails - I have just noticed you are a moderator, apologies if this has been the case for ages, but congratulations anyway🏆

Hahaha no it’s quite recent! But it just means I can delete the spam myself! 😂

But thanks anyway!

2 minutes ago, mullethunter said:

I do feel a bit sorry for our singer but not even slightly surprised.

Definitely sad. Don’t really get why so many voted for Italy, public AND jury.

But this story isn’t over yet I think. Many people in the Netherlands had problems with voting. Many votes haven’t been registered. One of my two votes hasn’t either.

• Haha 1