Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

On 12/18/2021 at 3:55 PM, Daphne said:

Yesterday I went for a walk from my Mum's house and found myself thinking I used to walk through this field (now full of houses) 50 years ago to get to school.  I feel ancient!

I can beat that. Today I drove into a village I spent a lot of time working in about 3 years ago but haven’t been to since, and there was entire housing estate that wasn’t there last time I was!!!!

• Like 1

I have only just seen this - lovely MH😄

My favourite thing this afternoon is going to be welcoming friends to stay who haven't travelled outside the UK since covid struck, so I am doubly pleased they are coming to see us.

My favourite thing this morning is being given a dozen large fresh eggs, all colours including plum but no green/blue.  Its so long since I've seen a white egg, I'm quite excited.  We discovered a couple of weeks ago that neighbours have got an assortment of chicken, plus a cockeral, plus guinea fowl.  They also own the best looking dog in the world!  However, they have gone away for a few weeks, leaving the livestock in the care of our other neighbours.  They can't keep up with the egg production (the dozen are 2 days worth) so we (and our friends) are the lucky recipients.  I plan a giant cheese and leek omelette!

• Like 3

We had a "ran like clockwork" day yesterday, reminding us how lucky we are to be living here. Went to the Post Office for 9.00 opening to post a recorded delivery letter to the French Embassy in London. Parked 20 metres away. No queue, the forms were completed in 5 minutes, no queue again. Went to the Doctors at 9.20 for an appointment to get the annual medical check for a sporting shotgun licence ('ball trap' here) and was given one for 10.45 same day. Then to the Chemist to do the annual health card update; again no queue. Home for coffee and then back to the Doctors. Licence signed and back to the Chemist for some cream; one person in the queue. 15 minutes later and home to clean out the coops and let them into their enclosures; 3 eggs. The one set of traffic lights in town were on green both ways and no queues at any junctions. (Not always as smooth as that though). The sun was shining so 'T' shirt weather for a while in the afternoon as well.

Tomorrow we have to go into the big town. Dreading it; noisy place with lots of traffic in a hurry.

• Like 1

Oh My!  I have been wondering if you saw snow.  Did you enjoy it?  I get the sense of peace and space, its a bit like being in the sea isn't it, all elemental, even when the surf's not up or the snow isn't super deep.  I hope you had a lovely time.  Back in the mists of time I went touring in a Triumph Spitfire with a tent, we went all along the top of Scotland.  I remember Tongue and Cape Wrath for their names.  Scotland remains my most favourite country in the world for the scenery.  Thanks for posting, I could do with cheering up.

It was great Daphne and I’m glad you liked the photo. It was pretty windy so mostly didn’t get that sense of peace, except for one run that went into a little hollow where it all of a sudden went completely still and silent. I could’ve been the only human on the planet - it was wonderful. That run is called ‘The Bunny Run’ and I actually saw mountain hares there!

Blackrocksrock you live in a spectacular part of the world. On the drive up from Dunbar the cloud base was so low once I got north of Perth I couldn’t see a thing. When the clouds lifted around lunchtime I was blown away by the views and the drive back down was great. 

• Like 2

A mountain hare, wow😀 how special is that.  Are they the ones which turn white in the snow?

Driving through Spain the day before yesterday we passed a convoy of 10 tanks being carried on low loaders, presumably something to do with Ukraine.  It was quite a (slow!) sight.  This led us to speculate how you would get tanks to Ukraine.  I guessed a tank might weigh 10 tonnes, but actually its 50-60 tonnes, and we couldn't work out if you could put them on an Army plane, whether it would be able to fly!  We asked a friend who is in the forces and he said normally tanks are driven to wherever they are needed, which is why some countries, including Germany have very wide roads in certain places, especially for tank movements.

My nephew was with us again the weekend before last and very lovingly shared his cold with me. Again!!

Its been a pretty horrid one and has left me so bunged up - can’t breath through my nose at all so everything is such an effort - feel like my lungs and sinuses need steam cleaning!!

In the summer my answer would be to get in the sea but at the moment I feel like would be closer to the kill than cure end of the spectrum!

Anyone have any remedies that always work?!

On 3/22/2022 at 7:48 PM, mullethunter said:

My nephew was with us again the weekend before last and very lovingly shared his cold with me. Again!!

Its been a pretty horrid one and has left me so bunged up - can’t breath through my nose at all so everything is such an effort - feel like my lungs and sinuses need steam cleaning!!

In the summer my answer would be to get in the sea but at the moment I feel like would be closer to the kill than cure end of the spectrum!

I think you have the answer already steam clean your sinuses - bowl of hot water and towel over your head and breathe it all in 

On 3/22/2022 at 7:48 PM, mullethunter said:

Sterimar spray is also good it's salt water.   Steam too and w3 used to use menthol crystals but now it's not used ( I still have a stash!)🤣

Poor Duck! I made that mistake once too. Had a hen whose nails would curve away, so she didn’t really wear them off on the paving slabs in the run. Blood everywhere! Think next time a chicken needs a trim, I’ll let the vet make my mistakes for me. 

• Like 1