Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

On 8/23/2022 at 9:00 PM, Cat tails said:

She was rather porky apparently, but had quite a cough tonight, so handed her in with the local wildlife aid. She probably has lung worm, but will be put back as soon as possible as she is a BIG lady. 

At the rescue I volunteer with we have LOTS who have too many internal parasites and a few who are overweight and need to go on a diet!!

I hope you get her back soon.

Just in case you needed it here’s a picture of one of the hoglets I was looking after last week 

B4A0C6E6-C329-473B-A049-3AF1451B315F.jpeg

• Like 4

On 8/23/2022 at 11:27 PM, mullethunter said:

At the rescue I volunteer with we have LOTS who have too many internal parasites and a few who are overweight and need to go on a diet!!

I hope you get her back soon.

Just in case you needed it here’s a picture of one of the hoglets I was looking after last week 

B4A0C6E6-C329-473B-A049-3AF1451B315F.jpeg

She was almost a kilogram. Might have tucked in the hedgehog food too much… 😅

Your hoglet is VERY cute!

• Like 2

On 9/3/2022 at 10:42 PM, Blackrocksrock said:

Great permanent housing for him - hope he appreciates it - wonder if he will hibernate in it with some dry leaves maybe?

Filled it with some wood chips and added some hay from the gerbils. Also have his very fat wife waddling around, so thought she may needed a head start in case she really is pregnant.

Coldest morning we've had since Spring at a chilly 16C. Seems our resident bat thinks so as well. It's been flying around the house this morning, despite all the doors and windows open it won't go outside. Finally it has settled and is hanging by one leg from a beam in the study, just above me. Will try to take a picture later.

Thank you CT.  I'm sure like everyone else I just can't believe what has happened.  Even though we all knew she was iller than the official announcements, personally I can't take it in that she was seeing one PM leave and a new one start, just on Tuesday, and now she is dead.  But she was amazing, her sense of duty and her sense of humour, and her unflagging ability to do what was expected of her and more, all the time, is something I'm not sure we will see again.  It feels disorientating that our monarch, who had been alive longer than nearly all her subjects, is no longer there.  RIP Your Majesty.

• Like 3

For my 50th birthday the plan was to do 50 things in my 50th year one of these was to visit Bucking Palace - I had tickets for today - instead have spent the day laying flowers at the palace, watching the gun salute in Hyde park and just walking round London - thousands of people but so quiet where they have closed the roads -the police are doing an amazing job.

• Like 1

First thing this morning, so still dark, I heard a noise in the barn. Took a torch to investigate expecting a feral cat and found to my surprise a hedgehog shuffling about; haven't seen one here before. Our dog has been investigating the adjoining wood store where there are pallets on the floor for the wood to stack on. Suspect the hedgehog is under there somewhere, which is a very secure place and will be warm in Winter.

• Like 1