Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Back in March, I mentioned how my work promotion exam had been cancelled at short notice.

They finally rescheduled it for the end of November and I have recently found out the results... 

I passed! :dance: It also means I have been promoted too! :dance:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Geoid said:

Back in March, I mentioned how my work promotion exam had been cancelled at short notice.

They finally rescheduled it for the end of November and I have recently found out the results... 

I passed! :dance: It also means I have been promoted too! :dance:

Congratulations! Great news.  

On 12/7/2020 at 9:43 PM, Valkyrie said:

Dang!  Wish I'd been there to see that!  LOL!

I wonder if anyone captured that on their 'phone? Might be 'out there' somewhere on Youtube or similar!!!!!! That was def your good deed for the day, MH - well done you!

Happy New Year everyone....onwards and upwards!

Edited by soapdragon
Distraction

2 hours ago, soapdragon said:

For those that sell on E Bay...postage has just gone up! I toddled off to the village PO with my small parcel and got charged £3.20 2nd class rather then £3.10!!!!

They did say stamps were going to go up 1p on 2nd class stamps and 10p on 1st class stamps in January so guess normal postage will have gone up too.

We meant to get our stamps before they went up but didn't get round to it. 

Had to have our little cat put to sleep this morning. She was probably the most people centric animal I’ve ever known. But she was over 18 and I think had been shutting down for the last few months - she’d been drinking loads and stopped being able to take care of her fur. She’d still been eating like a horse though until the last few days, when she also lost all her spring and the suddenly last night was almost unable to walk at all - could only manage a few steps. The vet said it looked like there was hardly any blood in her veins and that we definitely made the right decision, but it’s still very sad - as always.

FE7FFF5D-68D6-4014-BAFE-2B4CA50B002B.jpeg

• Sad 3

I am sorry to hear this MT, she looked a corker!  I love the way older girl cats, if they are small to start with, expand outwards into real fur balls.  She obviously had a long and happy life with you, I can imagine how much you'll miss her especially as she interacted with her humans so much, its always so hard when they go, but you will have heaps of good memories at least.  RIP little girl.

• Like 1

Sure she had a very happy life with you Mullethunter. 

Seems we have acquired a feral cat, which is making life a bit difficult as our dog (terrier) hates them. It turned up a few months ago and because the weather was so terrible and hunting was impossible we fed it a little. Now it wants feeding all the time and we get ambushed in the outside store room to a mixture of purrs and hisses. Driving the dog crazy because it's too fast and climbs well; lives in the roof space over the house now. At least we won't get mice and rats up there anymore, but we do have a big snake Wintering up there as well and they make quite a racket when they meet.

• Like 1