Lewis

Vet School here I come!

Glad to see some people finding the posts interesting - it sometimes feels a bit self absorbed writing about me being here :lol:

12 hour day on campus for me today. Started with Slovak at 7am then finished with Anatomy self-study at 7pm! Had a really good day though and its nice to keep busy and actually feel like I'm learning.

We did sneak down to Falconry and Raptor club in our hour break - meet Duckie the Peregrine Falcon:

blogger-image--204246486.jpg

He got his name 'cos he's always chatting and quacking when he's around people :D

I have 3 exams this week, I got an A in Microbiology and even more shockingly today I got an A in Anatomy of the Skull!

I was over the moon to have passed, let alone get an A - best mark so far, on the hardest bone in the body! :mrgreen:

I also need to introduce Gizmo my study buddy:

blogger-image--131593681.jpg

He was on the streets so a local cat charity caught and wormed him, FIP/FeLV tested him and I'm fostering for a few weeks until a home can be found... I've only had him two and a half weeks but I'm already in love and don't want him to leave!

That photo was taken at the vets on Saturday when we went to get his first vaccinations done; he sat happily on my shoulder for 15 minutes while the other cats were seen :D

Parents know I have him on a foster basis and I've not mentioned anything about keeping him but when I rang home on Saturday, Mom asked how much it would be to get him home... Have said I'll investigate ;)

They're coming to visit for 4 days on Friday so hopefully they fall in love with him too :D

The Welsh government are trying for a Vet school in Aber Lewis.

Yeah they've been talking about it on and off since 2004, though I know there's been more talks recently.

We used to be taught on a separate agric campus which would be ideal an ideal vet school as they have all the facilities, stables, labs, dissection rooms etc already in place but in our last year it became more of a campus for the business school.

When we were there, the lecturers and local vets were hesitant because there's only a couple local vet practices (one is tiny small animal, the other a big mixed practice) so clinical rotations would be hard and they think the market is already nearly saturated with vet students, especially as they've opened up another new vet school in Surrey this year...

We'll see, I'd have loved to have stayed and studied in Aber though :D

Yeah it does snow here, it was -1oC last night so we're setting up indoor mews for the Hawks and Kestrels tonight to keep them warmer over the winter.

I'm really looking forward to the snow, there's ski slops 15mins away on the bus :D