AnnieP

Can I come back now?

Hello all! It seems forever since I have been on here. So much has happened in the last 4 years, but I am beside myself with excitement because.... I finally have a garden of my own again. On Monday I am taking delivery of a walk in run. The yellow eglu has been taken out of storage and jet washed. The purple cube is off to a dear friend in Dorset on loan, and in a week I will be picking up three new girls...

An Oxford Brown, a White Leghorn and a Black Sussex.

Can I come in and play again?

Thanks Liz. I know the Omleteers are a fab bunch. I was a mod on here for a couple of years, and as you can see, posted quite a lot. :oops:

Just was too painful to be on here for a while, missing my chickens and a huge life change. It will be interesting to see who is still around from 2005!

I think that the activity has decreased in the past year or so, but there are a few stalwarts left from the old days and a one youngster who has grown up with us as well as few regulars who have joined along the way.I still feel like a newbie and I have been here since mid 2007, still have one of the same girls too, my Light Sussex Bertha she even laid last year, she is 8 years old :D

Hi,welcome back. I remember your falling down penguin too! Wonderful to hear you are in a place where you can have chickens again.

Last night I was talking to my lovely uncle who is amazing, he went blind years ago but doesn't let it stop him doing anything! He has just got an allotment with his son in law and he said that he wants to get chickens. So I've offered him my Eglu. So just as you are coming back I am taking a step away from ever having chickens again. I feel a bit sad.

Wow! Looney! ANH! Olly! Cooperwife! Egluntyne! Redhotchick! Charlottechicken! Lewis! and of course.. Christian (haven't seen you or heard from you for at least erm... a week??)

Lovely welcome back, thank you! I guess Facebook has taken a few of us off to pastures new, but this IS the place to talk chickens etc, so its good to be back! And great to see so many familiar names popping up!

I have a TINY garden now, but got a landscaper coming tomorrow to prepare the corner for the eglu and walk-in run (also due tomorrow), so will be sure to post pictures in the right section as soon as its up and running.

Does anyone else have an Omlet walk-in run on here?

I also have the old eglu run and extension, which I will need to get rid of, if anyone is interested.

Blooming heck she looks so grown up now!

I hasten to add that my old trousers are not comfy at all - I'd have to soak myself in goose fat and then I'd not manage it!

Heeeeeeellooooooooooooooooooooo AnnieP. Always loved those penguins. In fact it's something I used to watch over and over again - never read the thread - just watched the penguins! Oh I used to be known as Koojie in those days.

And Looney's avatar - hello Looney!