PixieDust

Hospital Coop

Hope you are feeling better soon PixieDust. I started to feel ill last Monday and have had a raging temperature and shivering. Felt a bit better Thursday so went out to see the the chooks but shivering and burning up again by the nighttime and back in bed for the day on Friday :wall: got a terrible chesty cough too and thumping headache :boohoo:

Yes do that - my SIL has had a similar virus come back, this is her 3rd episode since Xmas. She has had 2 courses of ABs and of steroids and now the message is that she must rest. No doing something because you think you can, the illness may just come back stronger than ever. Her husband also has it. My OH was in bed for a week a month ago with the same thing but has recovered well.....possibly because he didn't do too much......possibly because I am here :lol:

Sending good vibes to all of you poorly ones, its no fun :(

Hope you are ok DM. Day 6 and I still just want to sleep. Couldn't sleep last night so have a very disturbed night. It's gone to my sinuses now.

A friend of mine was telling me how he has just suffered 11 weeks of sinus infections! Couldn't be doing with that :(

I can't believe how long it's taking me to get better.

Can't clear my head or chest. I think it's blocked my balance bit in the ear because my eyes have gone skewiff.

I'm so weedy, little bits of fitness or housework and I have to sit down to recover. I feel like I'm 92 yrs old.

Feel rubbish today but I wonder if poor air quality has something to do with that.

All I want to eat is chocolate or Chinese takeaway. I can't face coffee or alcohol.

I've lost weight - which I'm secretly pleased about.

However, every day in every way......

Well my recovery didn't last long! I began coughing at night and I too am so weak it's crazy. Not even any real impetus to clean out the Pobs. Lost my voice again and feel so run down. Went to the doc yesterday and she is pretty sure I have a bronchial infection. She gave me anti b's in case it flares up at the weekend. My problem is my cough isn't producing so I can't see if it's infected. I am so cold all the time too.

Thank you Luvachicken. I think I might have laryngitis. My voice is still bad but the cough is improving slowly and I don't have a cold or anything. I have started the antibiotics today as I am coughing up coloured stuff, (trying to be diplomatic).

My cough has gone in the last couple of days and I can breathe nice and deeply again. I can sing when I cycle again which is not universally welcomed. I also feel like a cloud has lifted. It's nice to feel properly well again. It was long enough to fit in two 'women's sessions' if you know what I mean. Also trying to be subtle.

Hope you recover soon, it was such a miserable time.

There's a fair bit of it going around, my Dad is on antib's for a chest infection too. Said he woke up with chest pains and decided to Google to see if it was a heart attack :shock::roll: I explained that if he was suffering a heart attack as bad as he said the pain was, he wouldn't be sat at the Laptop googling.....

A week of Tablets and he is much better, so hope you will be too. :D

I finished my second lot of anti b's this morning. Coughing has just about gone. Occasionally I catch my breath and have a cough but it's no way as bad. Voice is back too and I am getting my strength back. That was a long nasty bug which started on Easter Sunday.