Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Very true, we have been lucky in this area. A couple of years ago the surrounding fields were swamped and some parts took until after June to drain away. Those poor people in Cumbria and York and anywhere else that have been under water big time this winter. :(

Brighter, colder day today.

We've had a few light showers but with a strong breeze, which has helped to dry the ground out a bit.

The wind has really picked up this evening- very blowy out there at the moment.

Bright this morning out to the east, now hazy but I can see lovely blue sky on the horizon. Out the back it's a totally different thing so I'm not looking out that side any more! Yes it's quite chilly although not as windy as yesterday.

Cold and showery. Got caught out too. Because the showers were quite spread out I didn't keep my coat on and got soaked to the skin by a torrential rain/hail shower. Not pleasant.

started raining here about 5ish last nights rain water had just about soaked away to

Frost this morning even though there are puddles without being frosted over thankfully. A bright day but clouding over now. Frost now gone from the cars.

It's been a really chilly day.

Had a bit of hail this morning, followed by sunshine and showers with a cold breeze.

I've seen so many rainbows over the last couple of days :)

Teeny bit of drizzle around noon but for the most part a very pleasant day - but blooming cold. Wind picked up this afternoon - started howling under the bedroom door!!! Had to close the window - no mean feat by climbing over DD's junk!!!

Woke up to a light covering of snow this morning, and more trying to fall.

same here but with out the extra bit

I went out about 7 this morning roads were driveable and a bit of a thaw came back just after 8 and it had started to freeze some of the lesser main roads i.e bus routes that were gritted but only have light traffic that time of day had patches of ice probable black ice the temp must have dropped quite fast as it got light

Frosty and bright this morning. So nice that we did our walk around Overton - wind chill was a minus degree apparently but in the shelter from the wind it was really pleasant and warm. Clouding over a bit but still quite bright.

the sun's been out all day here and I can't let the mob out to FR because of the standing water and 3 or 4 inch of mud covering most of the garden

Heavy hail showers with thunder and lightning overnight. No frost this morning but the grass was still full of hail. VERY cold out there now - have shut the Eglu door for the first time in a VERY long time.

Pretty snowy over Dartmoor.

Same here mullethunter apart from the thunder and lightening... unless I slept through it.

I hope I didn't miss out, I love a good storm.