Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Today has been quite pleasant and dry. The sun has been out for most of the day although there are a lot of clouds around now and it feels a tad cooler. Went for a nice long walk - had to stick to pavements because of the squelching paths elsewhere. Felt good to have the first walk of the year in sunshine - getting that old vitamin D on the bones!!!

Seemed OK first thing but we had torrential rain - really hard to see while driving and lots of surface water and floods. The wind picked up and was horrendous for a while. The chooks didn't stay in the greenhouse - they decided it was better down in their run! But the wind did blow the wet away and we had sun and blue sky. OH came in this evening and said there was a huge branch down from our neighbour's tree - in our drive as usual - so I'm glad DD's car wasn't there this evening!

Had mixed clouds, rain, sun and wind over the last couple of days but blooming horrible since last night. Went to Farnham today and my goodness it's flooded in patches all over the place. The river there is very murky and flowing fast - we could see where it had been at some stage because of the flattened grass, but it seems to be 1 to 2ft below the banks for the time being. Of course along the road there are several drainage areas recently dug for the water to run into - except it's rare for water to go up before it can go down! They need to make the drainage gaps either lower or at least level with the road, not 3 to 4 inches above it. :roll:

Yesterday was mostly sunny and cool, made such a nice change.

Back to torrential rain this morning. I've just been out in it, lifting the slabs all around the WIR to help the water to drain away. Fighting a bit of a losing battle though. The ground is just so saturated.

It was so dark, it felt more like 5pm than lunchtime :evil:

Colder drier snap on the way, fingers crossed. Can't come quick enough.

Yesterday was mostly sunny and cool, made such a nice change.

Back to torrential rain this morning. I've just been out in it, lifting the slabs all around the WIR to help the water to drain away. Fighting a bit of a losing battle though. The ground is just so saturated.

It was so dark, it felt more like 5pm than lunchtime :evil:

Colder, drier snap on the way, fingers crossed. Can't come quick enough.

Totally fed up of this. Garage has flooded AGAIN and garden is like a swamp. Even dug over veg plot has puddles. SO glad I put the WIR slabs on sand

Sorry to hear about your garage- ours floods too when the weather is like this, it's a total pain trying to keep everything dry.

My WIR's on a concrete slab thankfully, but the paving stones that surround it are just pooling with water. The chooks have a moat :roll:

I really hope that tomorrow is a better day.

Luckily the girls run is dry - they've given up in the greenhouse. I don't think they can be bothered to paddle to the top of the garden. Dreadful heavy rain yesterday and in the night but clear today. In fact it was mostly pleasant and we managed to bypass some black clouds. Feels quite chilly outside this evening though.

It was chucking it down again this morning and even at 8am it was still dark.

I squelched down to the hen house to give the ladies their porridge - they hadn't emerged from their bedroom although I could hear them chuntering and chattering to each other. I think they were taking their curlers out but they soon came running down the ramp when they realised I was bringing treats :)

It was too wet to let them out so they've been in for most of the day. Again. Poor things, and when they do come out the garden is so wet and muddy it can't be much fun for them.

This is all getting a tad boring now, a nice spell of crisp, dry, sunny weather would be nice.

Had some sun at last - well until about 2.15 when it started raining again. Anyone else fed up with this rubbish? Apart from sulking chickens!

gone way past fed up

but with any luck we'll get a cold snap this week which might bring a bit of sun with it :pray: