Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Yup, same here - yesterday was OK in the morning but the wind picked up and we had lashing rain. Pretty much the same overnight and I can hear the wind in the trees - no breaks in the cloud that I can see at the moment. It looks like Wednesday is supposed to be a good day - but then they hardly ever get it right!

Lovely to see you DM on Sunday - and for the huge bear hugs!!!!xxxxx

Did have some sun eventually but still gales and lashing rain this evening. The ground is well soggy - paddy field in the making again. I think the chooks may get trenchfoot at this rate! Lots of lake puddles on the roads! Had to pick up next door's tree from our driveway and garden TWICE - happens every time it's windy. Surprisingly there is a lot of tree left. :evil:

Maybe the roughest night of the year so far. Small plastic greenhouse has blown over and all pots fallen out and terracotta ones smashed. Chicken feed bin has blown over and lid come off. Luckily the feed was nearly finished and the new stuff is all still in the shed. In the small time I was asleep I dreamt a gutter flattened the chicken run and they all had to escape - that hasn't happened.

Same here, I had a restless night too.

I'm just off out to inspect the damage.

It's still extremely windy and wet although thankful not to have the deluge that other folks up country are suffering :(

My sister and family are travelling to see us from Wiltshire today. I hope the weather improves for their journey.

Guess what? Raining. Still windy. Dull dull dull! Paddy field alert for the bottom of the garden. The greenhouse leaks and the chickens are sulking. So am I! This morning I overslept and got up just before 9 - OH was letting the girls out but it was still quite dark outside - so much for the winter solstice passing!

The fields are beginning to flood now, although not to the extent that we did have it a couple of years ago, but if it carries on like this then it may get to that stage. :(:anxious:

We had a very wet night again.

OH was doing the morning shift today and woke up to water seeping in through the front door - all thanks to the farmer who doesn't maintain his ditches and drains :evil:

It's not the first time this has happened but it's infuriating. No real damage done thankfully, because we were around to sweep the water away before too much came in to the house. Shouldn't really complain when you see what other people have had to deal with over the past few weeks, but when will this weather pattern ever come to an end?

Having said that, it's sunny at the moment, but doesn't look as though it will last.

Rubbish weather yesterday and it came down so heavy in the afternoon it was like standing in the sheltered part of a waterfall! Then almost as if someone turned off the tap, it stopped! Evening sun appeared (yeah, useless that was) and I think it was a clear-ish night. Certainly clear first thing as I'd been watching the sunrise. A few clouds around now though. It's supposed to be showery today - but then their idea of showers and mine are totally different!!! We've had quite heavy downpour "showers" that last an hour or so and my sort of showers are very light and last about 5 minutes max! :lol:

I see you also live in North Devon jess1merlin, they do say " welcome to Devon where it rains six days out of seven"

May need to hitch a ride on the canoe :D

I went out to shut the chickens in tonight and just as I closed the run door, the heavens opened and I had to take shelter in the garage for 20 mins until it slowed enough to dash for the back door.

Try North of Scotland - its never stopped in some places - today it was wet here all day today but we have not been badly hit as Deeside has but the River Spey is really really full today as I noticed when driving to town. I am sure it will burst its banks at sometime as there is still water coming down - luckily I live up at the top of a hill!. Makes for a windy night or two but at least it keeps our feet dry! I am so so sorry for those flooded out at this time of year