Christian

The Weather Thread #9

So much colder here yesterday evening and today.

Had hail showers during the night and some light rain this morning but brighter at the moment.

I'm just cutting the last of the tomatoes down in the greenhouse to make some space for the overwintering pots.

It looks like we may get a touch of frost tonight.

We had snow last night - the roads were white and lorries got stuck on the main road near us at 9pm - the roads dept were obviously blissfully unaware of the snow coming although we were told of it all week!! - then it went wet and slushy and then froze so this morning we have black roads and crunchy side roads and paths - cold brrrrr. but it was sunny earlier although it has gone in already. More snow forecast - I did my shopping today drove 20 miles to the nearest big town and stocked up as not sure of my new car in the snow yet - only had it for a couple months. I have not put on snow tyres but may have to if it gets bad.

Went from Oxford to Devizes today (to meet up with outlaws who have moved there) stopped in Avebury to give the boys a run but FREEZING; the wind was so strong and so cold...unbelieveble!

Has come as a bit of a shock...bitterly cold again back here in Oxford and my Raynaud's (loss of blood supply to the fingers and/or toes) is kicking off INDOORS with the heating on!

been a reasonable day here a bit to warm for the 1st of December but at least it was dry with a bit of wind

I need to cut a load of fire wood to plus I've got a pile from a couple of weeks ago that needs stacking but it keeps raining when I'm not working

Mild and dry here but on the dull side.

Hope you got your wood cut DM & sjp... we're waiting for some free time to coincide with a dry patch too. We cut down loads of wood in the spring and need to get it chopped and stacked.

I do love standing back and admiring a newly loaded log pile, it's extremely satisfying :D