patsylabrador

Lockdown

No, we'll end up like CT's video!

Friends here acquired 4 hybrids this week and have already been rewarded, 3 eggs on the first day.  I will be claiming my chicken expert fee (I gave advice on the housing build and what they need to look after them) soon!  My niece in Australia has bought some hatching eggs today. It seems wrong time of year to be doing it over there, but I guess we need to take our pleasures where we can.  She has 6 light sussex, 6 buff orps and a couple of silkies.  She is so excited about the BOs, but nowhere near as excited as her Aunt!

I saw a newspaper article for women about how to dress when stuck at home during lockdown with pictures of glamorous women pouting and wearing stuff. I suppose that makes a pleasant change from them not wearing stuff and showing off their worryingly bony frames. To be honest and I don't know if I should be feeling some shame about this but I'm wearing my normal clothes. I didn't know a 'lockdown look' was a thing. Is this something I should be thinking about or can I just carry on in my old clothes watching movies and eating Easter eggs? 😂

When my son gets home from work (ambulance) he strips off in the hall. His brother usually greets him with plastic bags and they do an airlock kind of thing. Then he has a shower and has his tea and then relaxes. It's so bloody weird. He was so wiped out last night he couldn't eat his tea. I'm insisting that he stays here because he gets hay-fever so we want to keep an eye on him. We're still taking our temperature every day. I'm so convinced that we've already had it that I'm not worried but better safe than sorry. I'm glad it's rainy today, it makes staying at home less awful. 

PL - thank you so much, that skiiing video was brilliant😀  I am going to pass it on to my skydiving videomaking nephew as inspiration. 

I'm not surprised you are feeling down in the dumps, and I know exactly what you mean about somehow its better in the rain, you couldn't be doing anything much anyway.  I really hope your son keeps well, goodness knows this is all appalling and the worst could happen to anyone.    I really don't think you are being over cautious at all, better safe than sorry and all that.  I am also sure that you providing your son with a safe warm environment where he doesn't have to think about domestic stuff, and giving him treats and family love and companionship is the best thing you can do for him.  When all this is over, and it will be over, all of us should get on and do whatever it is we haven't been able to do for the past month.  Life is too short to mess about with.

PS Anybody who dresses up to be at home, is not anybody I am likely to know!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, patsylabrador said:

When my son gets home from work (ambulance) he strips off in the hall. His brother usually greets him with plastic bags and they do an airlock kind of thing

Obviously what I’m doing is not important like what your son does, but I’ve been following a very similar procedure when I get home from the supermarket- strip off inside the front door and chuck outer layers straight in the wash, then straight into the shower. 

On a different clothing note, one of my favourite things about lockdown has been working in my pyjamas until lunchtime each week day and only wearing a bra for half a day a week 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Half a day!  I haven't bothered at all - unless I go out or expect visitors - neither of those things happening lately.  If I see a delivery driver I yell for OH!  

Yesterday I weighed myself and lost 4lbs, so dived in the bath, put on a nice skirt and untarnished t-shirt (most are guaranteed to get some sort of stain that refuses to wash out) - and played with the make up.  I find if I clench my teeth and stretch my neck out like a tortoise and grin, it looks like I've had a face lift!:lol:  I have a good imagination!  His Lordship said I should do that more often.  But usually I go around in holey trousers and stained beyond belief t-shirts and a woolly jumper.  He said my trousers are obscene - I said you should see the one I've set aside as a fixer upper!  I think it is beyond repair, but put a pair of long johns underneath and they are fine!  So one lot on and one lot in the wash and rotate.  No point in dressing up - no need for a fashion contest here.  I'd probably lose as OH had been on a couple of spending sprees last year.  I absolutely loathe shopping for clothing.  Although I think now is the time to learn how to make my own skirts.  At least I'd get fabric I like the feel of and doesn't make me spark - incidentally when I take bras off at night it looks like Blackpool Illuminations!  So much electricity!  Another reason not to wear them.

• Haha 1

:lol:  Sparkly Knockers Kezza!  Oi!  I think those are the bits where I lost the weight - only bits getting the most exercise - bounce up and down, to the right, to the left and start again - definitely not a good idea to learn how to do The Time Warp dance - where's my zapper bra?🤣

Lots of good wishes to Boris from around the world; made headlines here in France this morning.

Bad news on the numbers front, with figures nearly doubling the lockdown will be extended past 15th April. Masks will be available for the entire population in 8-10 days and wearing them when out will be compulsory.

Thats a real logistical feat - will you have to go and buy them do you think or will they be sent out? I wonder if that is in store for more countries. Our state of emergency has been extended to 17th April, but the chief medic has said she thinks this will go on till end of May, not sure if she means lockdown or till the infection curve is levellng off.

Not sure how the 60+ million will be distributed Daphne? Of the Post Offices only 25% are open and only for 3 days. They may get the Mayor out delivering; we have just completed a nationwide census so the exact population in this town is known. All our addresses have changed to pinpoint the location as well. We are number XXX but the only house on the road; it's the distance in metres from the start measured from the end nearest the town centre.

23 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

He said my trousers are obscene - I said you should see the one I've set aside as a fixer upper!  I think it is beyond repair, but put a pair of long johns underneath and they are fine! 

I have two pairs of jeans like that at the moment. They’re so badly ripped across the backside I’m surprised the leg is still hanging on!! Have to remember to swap them for something else when we go out for our walk!

• Haha 1

Dont understate yourself MH. Supermarket workers have been thro hell last few weeks. As an NHS worker  I salute you. Still see workers not in gloves or masks or no screens.  Hope son keeps well PL , such a horrible time. 

On plus side got my spuds in over weekend. Weather glorious. 

Stay safe all xx