chooklady Posted February 4, 2009 Share Posted February 4, 2009 This one's wonderful Is he still a pup? NO, he's 4.5 years old and as mad as a March hare but I wouldn't have him any other way! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted February 4, 2009 Share Posted February 4, 2009 It has snowed with us all day long till now and it has lain as thick slushy stuff and is just horrid - the girls spent the afternoon on the patio step which is sheltered and hated every minute of it - they seemingly went to bed early too - dont blame them one bit!. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 4, 2009 Share Posted February 4, 2009 dont you just love Spencer?? :lol: cracking picture! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chocchick Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Gorgeous snow angel! I've spent the last few days at work in a hospital a) rearranging appointments due to snow or sudden illness or b) telling patients the clinics are still on. It was interesting on Mon/Tue! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Snowing like crazy here at the mo! Choccy...did you watch 'Total Emergency' on Tuesday? There was a police chase past the end of your road. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Plenty of snow here as well - it has stopped now though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kitbag Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 SNOW DAY! No history essay or physics today yay!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Pah . Snow? What snow . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cam1 Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 No school 4 my kids today, OH has just come home from a night shift..took him 30 mins to do 3 miles even the main roads are covered here so he will be going to bed in a bit.. if he can sleep as my 3 y dd 8 yr ds and 16 yr dsteps and my 6 yr neice is going to be dropped here as sister in law has to go in to hospital. Not sure how much sleep he'll get Cam mya velma Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Snow day for me and my children We'll be out building snowmen soon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 We have snow snow and more snow and combined with the wind last night it drifted so................. cats wont go out as too deep and got covered from the trees trying to let the chickens out. We had a power cut from 3.15 to 7 15 am this morning - unfortunately I live round the corner from my work in the country and walk there in 2 minutes!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 my OS school is closed but my YS is open so he's not happy! I have no voice this morning and my throat feels like it's swollen and cut inside (if that makes sense) I just want my duvet but have to go in to work Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Hope you feel better soon Loopyloo More snow overnight, but it is raining now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 I have a snow day at home the school where I work is closed for the second time this week, On Tuesday I had my Foundation Degree course so I did not get a day at home BUT today more snow and I am at home What shall I do Make a cake, go for a walk, study for my degree Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Make a cake. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 thanks Christian x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Have just got up and there's snow everywhere Far deeper than we had before. I'm trying to persuade DH to have a snow day, but he ain't having it! We're forcast more snow tomorrow and Saturday as well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 It's been snowing here ( ) since about 6.30 - it is quite watery snow, though it is sticking. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sheilaz Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 We've had a couple of inches overnight on top of snow & ice. Roads passable compared to Mon. though... OK, Mon, Tues. school website had banner announcement that it was closed. Today it says (even now) business as usual, take care in the ice. She & her friends (walking to school) were turned round just before the gate by other girls ...it's closed! All the school buses were turning round & leaving! No idea why it's shut after everyone's turned up (and some pupils must be stranded but.... YAY, it's a snow day!! She's off sledging with her friends soon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Make a cake. Thanks Egluntine...........off to make a cake Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ana's flock Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 It's beautiful in here too. Boys' school closed at last. They're out and about with the zillion other children who have mushroomed out in the neighbourhood. I'm at work though... Still I love the snow! more please, so that I can have a snow day too Got plenty of flour, butter, sugar and ... eggs! (and a fresh stash of chocolate) so we'll be OK if we get snowed in Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
missuscluck Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 We have got LOTS of snow today. Just had a call from hubby to say he is stuck in traffice trying to get to work after dropping Josh at school. He says its mad out there. Accidents everywhere and folk still driving like idiots. I have been grounded and told not to come into work. YAY!! I will do some cleaning My daughter is on an outward bound week with school up near Preston this week. She will be frozen solid I think. Hope she has enough socks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 At last, we've got some very light, powdery, dry snow falling . (Actually I don't know why I'm , it'll be a pain if it gets heavier .) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 Another snow day for us too - we had 4 inches last night Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted February 5, 2009 Share Posted February 5, 2009 We have got LOTS of snow today. Just had a call from hubby to say he is stuck in traffice trying to get to work after dropping Josh at school. He says its mad out there. Accidents everywhere and folk still driving like idiots. I have been grounded and told not to come into work. YAY!! I will do some cleaning My daughter is on an outward bound week with school up near Preston this week. She will be frozen solid I think. Hope she has enough socks And is eating enough to keep the chilly air out of her tummy! That's what I tell my 2, if you don't eat enough to fill your tummy the gaps will fill with cold air & you'll be chilly - easier than the full biology lesson re food/energy when they are small, and it still works ! Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...