Guest Poet

rescue dog advice- we've got one!- **PICS**

There is a website called dog pages that is dedicated to rescue dogs. The people on the forum seem to be quite knowledgeable (but can get in quite a huff with each other sometimes it seems).

There are also loads of rescues that put the dogs they have for adoption on the forum. The address is http://www.dogpages.org.uk/.

There is a super colliexpatterdale on this forum under private listings thats in Cheshire in case you want any tempting (naughty me! :silenced: )

I had to stop reading otherwise I would be heading for the M6 :lol:

There is a website called dog pages that is dedicated to rescue dogs. The people on the forum seem to be quite knowledgeable (but can get in quite a huff with each other sometimes it seems).

There are also loads of rescues that put the dogs they have for adoption on the forum. The address is http://www.dogpages.org.uk/.

Found our looney Lurcher on this website, she was being fostered just round the corner from us; came for an afternoon visit to see how we would all get on with each other.......and never left!

Poet - have a look at Freshfields near Southport.

My friend got her two cats there and I went a couple of times with her and visited and they seem really lovely and we talked to them about dogs and they really are in it just to help the dogs find loving new homes and help the people find the right dog for them

My grandad got a rescue dog when I was 9 and he died just before my 21st last year and I was heart broken. He was a member of the family and when family was listed he came very near the top of most peoples lists. My grandads house just isn't the same without him around. We had him trained to do allsorts. We lived across the road to my grandad and could shout to the dog that dinner was ready and he would go in and get my grandad out to come over! lol. Def the best thing my grandad done. My nana had just died and it kept him active and lively and he met lots of new 'walking' friends and all of his grandchildren, not to mention all the children in the close were constantly trying to persuade him that he needed to take the dog for another walk just so they could go and see him run in crazy circles and jumping in the stream!! lol :lol::D

xXx

She looks gorgeous and how old is she? You will be delighted with her as she is nice and little and I am sure she will get on with the chooks - my sons collie gets on with them and just does not bother them except to see what they are getting fed!. Our labrador did not bother either with them except she wanted to sniff their behinds!.

I've been thinking about it for a cple of years, we haven't rushed into it :D

She's 4-5 years old, she was a stray and they're only allowed to rehome them once they've been there 7 days. She's been there about a week. She's not neutered, they're giving us a voucher for £38 towards the cost. They'll microchip her, worm her and flea her.

She's no medical problems that they know of!? I know that doesn't mean much!

She's got a lovely temperament :D

she even let us look at her teeth without so much as a groan. She just seems really sweet.

Horrible to have to leave her there, just wanted to bring her home and give her a good wash, stinky madam! :?

...She's been there about a week.

:D

we have to wait for the home visit which can be anything up to 2 weeks but we can go back and see her in the meantime. I hope they come soon as I'm not sure I can go back there, it's such a sad place. It was nice to see a lot of people there looking at the dogs though.