Old Speckled Hen

Snow

We've got some at last too! :dance:

We've been looking at the snow on the mountain for a while.

Boys should be going back to school today but every island school is closed, no buses are running either.

We're off to build snowmen in the field later :-)

No idea when the schools will open again, the roads are treacherous.

No snow here yet, but supposed to be here later and tomorrow - apparently easing on Thursday! :shock: I am so fed up with this. So I'm about to go shopping for milk and fresh veg - otherwise we're ready as long as the fuel is not cut off. Then I think we'll have to make do with candles and a tin to cook in. Oh and apparently the council's are not prepared because the info from the met office is incorrect as they have been inputting incorrect fictitious data with regard to global warming into their computers. I also know that they have had a lot of verbal from a very close relly that has been down there. Way to go little bruv - you tell 'em.

Seen Manchester on the news - the skiing doctor! :D

No snow here .... yet...

-2deg this morning and staying that way by the looks of it. The sky is white and I fully expect snow. Our Sheffield office is closed and the consultants are working from home, our MD has gone (in his landy) up to Manchester to get his DD back to Uni, dunno if he'll make it though as so many roads seem to be closed due to jack-knifed lorries.

Iced up for a week and now its started to snow heavily. And................one of my chickens is moulting like mad.

I hate winter and my darling daughter is leaving on friday for 5 weeks at a university in India. 26 but still my baby.

Hey ho, Tesco delivery due soon so we can eat all the nice things first.

A belated Happy New Year from Herefordshire.

We have loads of snow here in Lancashire :D

I drove to my workplace 7 miles away, it took me an hour to get there instead of 20 minutes :anxious:

Due to the bad weather no sooner had I arrived at work that I was advised to go home again. There are lots of cars in my neighbour's driveways, so I'm not the only one at home.

We had a few flakes earlier but the sun has been shining since, clouding over a bit now though, I think we are between 2 different snow bandsone coming down from the north and one coming up from the south and if local radio is to be believed we will get both at the same time overnight :anxious:

It's on its way Clare! - SIL has had to leave work in Studley (south of B'Ham) and is worrying that he won't make it back as his car isn't very good in the snow........the clouds are filling up from the north so it's heading here.

We're just popping down to Warmington so hopefully we'll make it there and back before the snow comes, and if we don't then Carl's car should be OK :wink: .