Old Speckled Hen

Snow

Well, this was my garden at 8 this morning,and it's still snowing now!

DSCF2487.jpg

DSCF2486.jpg

The vast majority of schools are shut in Macclesfield,which I'm sure all the kids are really happy about.My mum chose today to ask me to do her weekly shop for her! :evil:

I asked if she'd actually looked out of her window this morning. :lol:

Don't worry, I did it anyway for her.

We have had inches this morning to go on top of what we already have its is misery for anyone who has to get out and about - the vets are struggling and the roads are awful the side ones being the worst of all. People have shed roofs falling in as the snow is so deep on them and causing a lot of damage about. I am surprised we have still electricity at all and expect it to go off at some stage if this continues as the wires are hanging lower with the snow on them too.

It is beautiful but destructive.

ED & DS's schools have been closed and it is unheard of for DS's school to close it is only the second time in 20 years and the 1st time was last February :shock:

The bus company that runs their coaches called the schools and told them that they were taking the pupils home whether the school liked it or not because things could only get worse. I won't be happy until they are safely home. OH only works 2 miles away so he can walk if he needs to, he took thick socks and wellies in with him this morning.

The main road past our house is crawling already, and this was supposed to be light snow with the heavy stuff coming in overnight tonight :shock:

2010_0105christeninghenry0087.jpg

This was taken about an hour ago and it is twice as deep if not more now :shock: