Old Speckled Hen

Snow

:( Have just waved OH off to the Airport - to work :evil: . Roads are treacherous - met one man on way back up the hill to our house, who walked back to Macclesfield from Congleton :shock:

Photos are lovely Dippy Bird - have shown the boys as they go to St Michael's with School to do vaious things. The lane looks pretty too - we wrote our names on the running track with our footprints in the untouched snow 8)

when it snows, the lane always reminds me of a scene out of the "The Holiday"

It actually took us an hour to drive my SS to his mums in Bollington and back to Macc at lunch time.Not one road had been gritted.Cars were skidding and sliding everywhere! Buxton road was ridiculous earlier on!Macc Borough council need to sort themselves out.

:D White snow and blue skies here today - walked ES to swimming training then carried on walking Tori. The moon was still out and looked gorgeous, then the sun streamed through the pool windows onto the water - looked really summery :lol: , till you saw the snow again :wink:

Oh Christian I am so going to smack your bottom! :lol: April 2012 is our moving date target, I think your neighbours will want to go before then! We need that time to get everything here ship shape. I am looking at areas that don't flood, don't rain and no snow. The Sahara is looking good.

Not sure about Ali as she is about 25 miles from me but we woke to a thaw and the icicles which were mighty impressive were melting and it was quite a nice day - the wind got up which we have not had for all the snow and the snow started coming off the trees. The girls even ventured out of the eglu run for a bit and then ran back in - they are in the dark as the plastic covering is covered with snow and its really dark in there!! Poor things but I dont want to take the snow off as its an insulater and helps to keep things warm.

Now its snowing a blizzard yet again and so after us getting a tractor to clear our car spaces etc its now filling in yet again = never mind its very pretty and I dont have to go out anywhere anytime soon.

Well this is from last week

P1020371.jpg

Squirt has found a warm bag of compost and Apache is saying "oh for goodness sake stop this nasty white stuff"! Sioux is looking to see why Patch is looking at the ground to the right and Tipsy is either in the nest box down below or behind Squirt.

Signs of the snow melting yesterday. it went from the cottage roof and the roads were clear, still snow lying on our drive and the lane. the temperature got up to 2c.

This morning at 5.30am the temperature was 2c, at 7.30am it had dropped to -1c and it is snowing again.

Back to work today :twisted: The heating will have been switched off for the last 2 weeks so I know it will be freezing, I have so many layers on. I had the chance before Christmas to take an extra week off work and not start back until the 11th Jan, I declined :? I may regret that decision today after travelling in and working in the cold.

Wellies and other extra clothing ready to go into the car incase I have to walk home. I can't find my windscreen s"Ooops, word censored!"er so I am taking a silicone fish slice with me :lol:

Throughly fed up of the snow now :( A little bit of me is glad to be returning to work as even though we haven't been snowed in the roads have been so bad I haven't felt confident enough to drive anywhere much. Yesterday I set off for town but had to turn round and come back home as my brakes were frozen :? I,ve always wanted to experience being snowed in at home, I have changed my mind now.

It put down another 3 inches overnight. It has hardly risen above freezing in the 3 weeks we have had snow on the ground. The poor hens are sick of gazing disconsonately out of their run and the thrice daily drinking water thawing is becoming a chore. Nothing deep and crisp and even here; it's all treacherously slippery under the newly laid layer.

I am fed up :(:(:(:(

AND It will take me all morning to take down the decorations :(

BUT I think I will leave some lights up :):)

6 or 7 inches overnight and snow days for alll of us - shame we have no heating or hot water as the boiler is broken :roll: Buses and trams are delayed or cancelled and not seen so much snow here EVER!!!

edit - just been out and meaured - it's only 5 inches but more coming down :oops: :oops:

Edited by Guest