Old Speckled Hen

Snow

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I hope a photograph of the last patch of snow in any omleteer's garden is posted before we get to 100 :lol::lol:

We usually split topics at around page 75 and make a 'Part 2' as the forum can judder if the threads get overlong.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I hope a photograph of the last patch of snow in any omleteer's garden is posted before we get to 100 :lol::lol:

We usually split topics at around page 75 and make a 'Part 2' as the forum can judder if the threads get overlong.

I better bookmark it. I fancied the idea of putting a selection of everybody's pictures together at the end to commemorate "The Big freeze" :D

We had a bit of snow overnight so had a sweep the cars again, but nothing else all day :)

The worst bit is the slishy, slippy icy bit just after the snow :roll::lol:

BTW can anyone understand why the exams were not held off for a week or even two given that everyone was in the same boat :think: ..there would have been no cheating if no-one had them this week which I understand was one of their "reasons" :wall: I'm sorry you've all had such an unnecessarily stressful time with it all..........{{{hugs}}} to you all xx

I'd think its mainly clashes with other exams planned, and then the delay in 2 weeks would push everything else like marking back, so results would be delayed.

Quite bad fog here all day. I can see for miles (literally) from the office normally, but only managed a view of the ajacent buildings today.

Everything was frozen this morning though when I set off for work, as I found out when the ABS came into operation as I slid down an icy hill towards the main road :shock::lol:

Edited by Guest

Well it snowed lightly for a few hours today while the icicles dripped from the gutters.

Snow is now a very good shaping and throwing consistency; trouble is my heart isn't in it anymore. This is our 27th day of snow so bring on the thaw. :pray:

I'm sure there will be snowdrops eagerly sprouting underneath :D

We have had snow for 27 days as well and its wearing a bit thin - was thawing but now freezing tonight - the girls hate it the cats hate it and I cannot get down the garden and means I have to resort to housework - oh NO! as nothing else I can do.

I have snowdrops but no crocuses - yet. They are still under loads of snow. But I did manage to clear more pathway out the back and the girls have ventured up to the back door again. A tiny patch of earth looked like someone tried to bath - that would be the furball again. :roll: Still terrible sludgy and icy roads here (we had to go shopping today), but Yately and Hartley Wintney don't appear to have the depth of snow that we had. Where the farmers digger has cleared some of the road here the pile is huge - it'll take ages to clear away. We have disappearing icicles and the big one by the back door is about half the size it was. The house across the way that had a waterfall of icicles has none left that we can see from here.

The assertion that the Inuit people have a couple of hundred words to describe snow is actually an urban myth. The fact this forum has managed 73 pages to do so (and counting) is not.

My gast has been flabbered.

I don't know why your gast has been flabbered Major, we are British, we love talking about the weather. :lol:

But while we are on the subject, our snow has virtually all gone, revealing a flattened, soggy chickenpooey garden underneath. :(