Old Speckled Hen

Snow

We had a few inches overnight ... I didn't bother to check wether school was open because I had an exam anyway :lol:

They delayed the exam by 10/15 mins to let others get there in time, then people were still allowed in up until 45mins after the start time .... later than that and they had to go into a different room.

Had to wait 2 hours for a lesson which was then cancelled then meant to wait another hour and a bit to sign in for the afternoon and straight back out because they decided to shut school for the afternoon ... walked home instead!

:( About Devons exam, we were in with Psychology AS lot and they all seemed to think it was an ok test ... will she not be able to take it again in a couple of weeks, or is it definately a summer job? Even worse to have lost all that revision time :roll:

Its still snowing now, Purkinje isn't happy at all and is moaning :roll: but the ducks are fine ... trying to eat the patio doors at the moment :eh::anxious:

Woke up to a good 4 inches on top of what hadnt thawed already! snowed on and off all day here. Had a long journey into work this morning, as was told yesterday we all have to get here! it would take me 2 buses and a 30 minute walk to get here if i didnt drive in, but all bus services in my area were suspended this morning anyway!! so driving it was!! not good at all! lol

Hopefully this is the end of it now though! just checked the Met office and they have 10 degrees for Friday!! it will be like being on holiday!! :D

Makes me glad i decided to stay in, i have a massive phobia of falling over.

Me too :roll: and usually if think I am going to fall.......I do... :roll:

Just googled it, it's basiphobia. I find that when i walk on a slippy path, my legs tense up, which makes me more likely to fall... I have to actively concentrate on relaxing my legs. I'm a hopeless case :roll:

:( About Devons exam, we were in with Psychology AS lot and they all seemed to think it was an ok test ... will she not be able to take it again in a couple of weeks, or is it definately a summer job? Even worse to have lost all that revision time :roll:

The college are saying summer,which is a pain as she will have all her other exams then,& as you say,she has wasted all that revision.

Its maddening for her & for all the others who have missed out today :evil:

A few snow pics for you. These were taken this morning, before I realised I had to get the snow off the WIR. I also had to get to my little wood shed, which is right at the bottom of the garden on the right (hidden from view) and found a deep snowdrift so had to dig my way in :shock:

Garden from the kitchen, I clear the rail regularly as the birds like to sit on it.

ebay2009011.jpg

Back yard from the living room, the dustbin has solid fuel in and I had to dig in this morning to find the handle! (been at home all day so lit the fire :D )

ebay2009012.jpg

Tops of neighbouring gardens, showing a large sycamore and an oak behind it, this is where all the local birds and squirrels hang out, it's their 'hood :lol:

ebay2009010.jpg

I've since cleared a path in the yard, but it's gone again :roll:

After this morning we had another flurry at lunchtime with bigger, softer flakes. It didn't last long though and where Murray tried to clear the paths it's all gone again and I can see teeny bits of grass down the end of the garden where we tried to clear some for the girls. The grass is about 1mm tall now where they've grazed the teeny exposed area. When we put them to bed this evening it was like rain falling on us - the trees are dripping. Also the icicles are definitely smaller and not clear any more.

We have had so much snow where i am it is unbeliveable, we had about 6-7 inches last Tuesday, and its still here. Last night we had another 2-3 inches again.

IT JUST ISN'T GOING!!!

image_url

We had 14 inches last tuesday,& still have 6 inches or so on the ground!

Its a bloomin' nightmare :?

You poor chilly Northerners probably don't want to hear this, but the thaw has started for us :dance:

The chook runs are now very light as they have no snow covering.....the scotch mist is damping everything & melting the snow & ice..... the temp is 2.5 and even with windchill is still a positive 1.... the sky is still grey but looks lighter.....and we have grass in patches but it's still grass, until the chooks get their scratchy little feet on it & it is rendered mud until we fence them away from it :anxious:

Yesterday I went up to Oaklands Park in town & the trees were all dripping so much that it sounded like running water :shock: ...we managed to get our espace "stuck" in the rugby club carpark which is on a fairly steep slope & deeply rutted at the best of times.....eventually after about 20 "run-ups" and resorting to reversing up the slope to no avail DH let some air out of the tyres...........Bingo, out he popped like a cork.....I think the lads walking past wondered what was going on with the revving engine & my excited squeals......my little Fiat 500 had no problems :whistle:

Trouble is that now I have no excuse not to get out & give everything a thorough clean as the poo trays etc are no longer frozen to the houses & I don't have to worry about chilling the houses down with an avalanche of snow every time I open the roof to remove the bars :whistle:

Guess where I shall be today......... :wink:

Stay warm & safe everyone,

Sha x

BTW can anyone understand why the exams were not held off for a week or even two given that everyone was in the same boat :think: ..there would have been no cheating if no-one had them this week which I understand was one of their "reasons" :wall: I'm sorry you've all had such an unnecessarily stressful time with it all..........{{{hugs}}} to you all xx