Old Speckled Hen

Snow

Blimey, Lesley, how awful! I presume the dustbin lids were some kind of shield? Your description did conjure up a fairly humorous image (sorry) of you and Carl in superhero outfits (aka waterproofs) and fending off water cannons with dustbin lids. Hopefully, you will see the funny side eventually!

Hope you are now warm and dry. More snow forecast for tomorrow apparently, but it might not reach as far as you with any luck.

It probably did look funny - just glad no-one could see us! The people who built the house put the only stop tap in the house - under a built in cupboard which we've had to chop about to gain access :evil: - and there is no stop tap for the outbuildings - we have to work on it live. A project for this year.......get a stop tap sorted out.....and our water meter is half a mile away by the next village :shock:

We are due to get snow tonight - I don't know whether it will settle as the temp. has been above freezing all day and the snow is very slowly disappearing.

No snow here yet but it's pretty cold. The remaining snow has been thawing slowly and there's still a lot around - about 3-4" in the park and back garden, and 2" on the road and paths. Our road is still packed solid and very dicey.

I normally love snow, but am gettign pretty hacked off with it now. :roll:

Ours has been melting big time - gutters and large ice blocks and snow coming off roofs and very dangerous here - it will be a flooding if things go on this way tomorrow - still loads of snow and my greenhouse roof - well its still there covered in snow - fingers crossed - the side roads which have not been touched are inches of soupy stuff which is horris and still cannot get off the road to park down the street at the shops!

Heavy snow here since 4.30! its settling and everything is once again covered! been told that as long as public transport is running we are expected in work tomorrow! that means 2 buses and a 30 minute walk for me then if i cant get the car out the drive again! i prob wont get there until lunchtime!

2 inches here overnight, on top of the frozen slush I had to tackle at 8 last night :?

I have to take Devon into college early this morning for her psychology AS,& I am really not looking forward to it.

The poorly girl is nervous enough as it is,so I am saying confident things about getting there on time,but it is going to be horrendous