Old Speckled Hen

Snow

We have had some snow showers today, but a melt too, about half of the snow has now melted. All of my children are at school tomorrow but ED's school is only open for yr 10 upwards.

1.5 degrees here at the moment shame about the wind, still feels pretty nippy.

OH did the chook cleaning today and gave their run a good dig over we couldn't get a fork into it a couple of days ago and it was very yucky. Glad I am not a hen.

Its snowing! :lol:

Our road is covered in snow, I didn't know it was snowing, looked out of the spare room window and its really thick ... well ... for us, not 14inches! :wink:

Wonders wether school will be on? :think: Might have to go in for revision anyway :roll:

I'm at my mum and dad's for a long weekend, in the Pennines up above Huddersfield and we've had lots of snow overnight and it's still snowing. I'm supposed to be heading home tomorrow but think that might end up being somewhat postponed.....I am getting very well looked after though and the heating is on turbo mode, so it's not a bad place to be snowed in...... :wink:

We had 1cm of wet snow overnight which has melted pretty quickly on paths that had been cleared but has added to the lying snow. Still very cold and dull odd snow flurries forecast.

I am making a steak and kidney pudding for tea, I consider it to be my duty to provide weather appropriate food :lol::drool:

Grid locked here as well today!! what is normally a 15 min drive to work for me took over an hour this morning!! heavy snow forecast for tongiht as well.... OH has managed to get the van out for work for the first time in a week! good timing as we were getting very worried about being able to pay the bills at the end of the month! (hes self employed so earnt hardly any moneey since xmas!!!)