Old Speckled Hen

Snow

We had a sprinkling of snow overnight and it was still falling at 6am when i went out with the dog, didn't amount to much though. We drove through heavy snowfalls on the M40 when I went to collect the new van, but it didn't seem to have made it down to Banbury.

Blisteringly cold here and the stove is pumping out heat so I'm warming up after an hour's dog walk in the snow.

It's snowed nearly all day here.

I've been out and s"Ooops, word censored!"ped snow away from the back and front doors and put salt down in an attempt to stop it getting in the house. I had to clear several inches away from in front of the garage just so I could get in there to get to the freezer.

Since Mr W and LMW left this morning we must have had about 2 inches snow. They should be back any time now ( been to the Boat Show in London :roll: of all the days to choose to go).

It's snowed on and off all day here. We can't make anything with it though as it won't pack at all :evil: We walked to the shops today and came back via the park and had a lovely snowball fight, ended up feeling baking hot. Too many thermals on, methinks!

Just seen the weather for tomorrow, looks like it'll be snowing all day. I'm meant to have a choir committee meeting on Monday, i'm thinking no :roll:

I drove past Ali-s's cottage by the castle today and must admit for all the snow that is down there compared to us and they have a fair bit also but the roads are downright disgraceful

What time did you drive past, you should have popped in.

Andy made me get in my car yesterday and drive down the lane and into town. Not too bad going out but when we came back I just broke down in tears as I approached the lane and nearly threw up all over him, he still made me drive back down the lane. This fear is totally irrational and very silly but I have this fear of sliding into the ditch. The lane was busy all day with folks coming to sledge down the Castle hill of course they had no problems driving in their cars and I know deep down I will be perfectly alright myself.

The snow actually started to melt yesterday :D but today it is frozen solid again :(

Still thinking about walking to work tomorrow. I think andy realised how shaken up I was when I spent nearly £100 on a new pair of walking boots.

Love the fence Claret. The snow turtle is excellent.

Snowing here at the moment. We had a dusting overnight and this lot started with the odd icyflake around 8.30 when we were sorting out the chickens. Number one son is still in Fareham but said they haven't had any more snow there since the big one last week. We brought back mum yesterday and chanced the roads - they are really bad, only the A30 is sorted, but then there is thick piles to the side. The pavements in the high street have been gritted.

I drove past Ali-s's cottage by the castle today and must admit for all the snow that is down there compared to us and they have a fair bit also but the roads are downright disgraceful

What time did you drive past, you should have popped in.

Andy made me get in my car yesterday and drive down the lane and into town. Not too bad going out but when we came back I just broke down in tears as I approached the lane and nearly threw up all over him, he still made me drive back down the lane. This fear is totally irrational and very silly but I have this fear of sliding into the ditch. The lane was busy all day with folks coming to sledge down the Castle hill of course they had no problems driving in their cars and I know deep down I will be perfectly alright myself.

The snow actually started to melt yesterday :D but today it is frozen solid again :(

Still thinking about walking to work tomorrow. I think andy realised how shaken up I was when I spent nearly £100 on a new pair of walking boots.

Drove past about 1.30 - saw your lane was very white still and the roads were not so geat - have to keep concentrating all the time when driving especially the first snow like this as not driven on it for a while. You will be fine now you have done it and know you can do it - one of my best cars in the snow was also the Fiat panda - it was always very good and this yaris is also good too. I was in a hurry kind of so dod not have much time - when the weather is better eh! - hope your walk to work is ok and maybe someone going your way will give you a lift! - Anyone else work there at the same time who could pick you up. You wont slide into the ditch now you can do it.

Very frosty overnight - minus 12 when I got up but must have been worse during night - windows frozen inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 1.5deg here now and a bit of dripping going on, although the wind chill is bitter and my stop the thaw.

A few meager flurries of snow, but nothing to get excited about... yet.

I am on a course on Monday and Tuesday, it has been moved from its usual location, just 45 mins walk away to a hotel on one of the hills on the way out of town. Their car park is down a side street and I shall probably walk there rather than driving.

Wonder of wonders a snow plough had just been along our road and back again!!! :dance::dance: Took the couple of inches of snow off and left the compacted ice exposed, the only car to have gone along since went VERY slowly.

What with that and the post coming yesterday for the first time since tuesday, life is definatly improving here.

I forgot to tax the car at the end of Dec so did it on line and then the disc was delayed in the weather...our car??......you guessed a 4x4... we have been skidding around in a Smart Car hahahah :lol: