Old Speckled Hen

Snow

We have snow in Wolverhampton.

Just got rid of all the ice and everything else and it's here again.

I knew I should have worked Tuesday and not Wednesday this week - oh well, I daresay OH and DS will be able to keep themselves amused in my absence with all this white stuff about.

Hope everyone else isn't too badly affected.

Dawn x

Just been to my aunt + uncles (kind of wolverhampton way) and it is slushy snowing there, roads are really slippy and bad.

As we were driving home it was a bit more rainy then close to home its more like snow and has stuck everywere :D

Just looked on Accuweather to see if there is an end to all this rain - and there is still snow in some parts - all gone in my garden now. We now have a paddy field. Anyhoo we are supposed to get more rain or snow shower on Thursday night and more snow on Monday - 6.6mm (or varying rates up to that depth I suppose). Pleh!

I also see cold weather and lots of sun in their forecast - fingers crossed.

Lots of people have been caught out without oil as the oil companies cannot get up side roads and farm roads up here and its a bit of a disaster - luckily we when we get the oil sorted out will be right near the roadside so no problems of running out here! We have more snow tonight and will take photos of it tomorrow - its relentless with the frost and then more snow - its really treacherous underfoot and driving tonight.

Hope this works - our roads tonight

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/ click on webcams in ess of inverness and then on the ones marked a95 and see our areas

Well all the snow has gone here now. I can still see it on the hills though. The CRUK shop was closed today as the manager lives in Buxton and the roads were shut.

I was up in Scotland for Christmas staying in Crieff. The journey up there was fine and the roads were ok. There was lots of snow there so we got to go sledging and have snowball fights! All the roads were clear though. Then on the last evening we were there it started snowing in the evening. It didn't look like it was coming down very heavily but by the morning there was a good 4-6" on the ground. As it was the day lots of people left it was calm chaos! There were lots of men with shovels digging people out, the mini snow plough was driving around the hotel. Apparantly some people had to stay another night because they couldn't get their cars out of the car park! We were parked in out own little car park so manged to get out once the snow had been dug away. The roads were awful though. Luckily all the roads going Southbound were all open, a few were shut Northbound though. After we had got out of Scotland the roads were fine and the traffic was no problem at all. It was really funny waking up the next morning and not seeing snow on the ground!

Now on our 12th day of snow on the ground. Some days the snow has started to melt only to be topped up again.

It has been snowing heavily all morning. Andy is stuck at work. His work place is on the A96 the main road between Inverness and Aberdeen, he has walked up to the road and says it is at a standstill. He has a twenty mile journey to get home. He is going to try and get away in half an hour or so weather and road depending, he did hint he might have to stay at work :shock::( if the roads are really bad.

The snow novelty has definately worn off now, I wish it would melt.