Old Speckled Hen

Snow

Our forecast for tomorrow has changed from heavy snow to heavy sleet for the afternoon :roll:

I was hoping that wouldn't be my forecast as well, but it is :roll: Light sleet from 9am until 3pm then heavy sleet, and given that it has not been above freezing all day I imagine it will stick. Not sure whether to take the car to work now, especially as I can see for miles from my desk so will be watching it all build up around me :?:?

Hoping we do get a bit of snow tomorrow :D

My aunt + uncle were in Sri Lanka + Dubai over christmas, so tomorrow is meant to be Christmas day 2 with them :)

Its gone really foggy tonight and cold, so there could be a chance ... if not we'll definately have frost.

A light sprinkling ofsnow yesterday evening, enough to make the already icy roads even more dangerous.

Woke this morning to heavy snow. Andy left for work an hour ago and his footprints and the tyre tracks have disapeared. There is about 5 inches of snow on top of the wheelie bin.

I've an idea it is heading our way again. Just been out and when I came down the hill, I could see that it looked as it if it was snowing in the far distance.

My ss is driving back to Sheffield today (going back to Uni), from Macclesfield.Any idea what it's like over the "tops" ?

Woke this morning to heavy snow. Andy left for work an hour ago and his footprints and the tyre tracks have disapeared. There is about 5 inches of snow on top of the wheelie bin.

Had delays/cancellations at work today due to Inverness airport being closed so you must have had lots up that way! :wink:

It's been snowing for around an hour here, and has settled nicely in the back garden :D The road is part flooded as one drain blocks if we have too much rain and it was raining gently before the snow started. Just noticed on the washing line I have a nice line up of icicle stalactites, I've been watching them grow, so I may be on the train tomorrow as I imagine all this stuff frozen will be pretty slippy :? It was 0 degrees when I got home at around 3.30pm.