Old Speckled Hen

Snow

Ah the other side of us is trying to get out of the road - they've successfully ended up in the cul-de-sac turning area, pushed it next to our other next door neighbour's car and abandoned it. :roll: OH walked to Te$co's for milk - which we are short of.

OOO how tempting it is to go for a walk in the snow......... Far nicer than drivin it int, although I can actually get out the village in the car - if careful

Yayyyy chicken! Lovely pics - even the bottom one looks like a little man with a hat on.

We did brave the roads and found our back roads like Basingstoke ice rink! The ice is so thick in parts - it'll take a lot to clear it all. Other than that most of the main roads are fine. We went down the motorway to get to the farm to collect our veg and we brought our turkey on the way home. Some beautiful scenery, but not able to photo it. By the time we got there it was raining quite hard although the snow isn't quite as deep. I got snowballed by a tree and it splatted on my head - another found it's way to my bottom! :shock: EEK COLD!

Collected mum on the way home - her road is as bad as ours - nearly got stuck, but I was OK. We drove straight into our drive because there's no way that we are getting out again while it's like this! Bring it on I say - we've enough provisions for a seige now! :lol:

Didn't get much rain here though and it's icing up again.

Yesterday at the farm we donned out turkey feed bags filled with straw and toddled off up one of the fields and went sledging :lol:

p2212091155.jpg

There were 7 of us so we were going down in a massive line. The worst but was that the sheep were in a few weeks ago so there were frozen sheep poos :lol:

It's still just really icy here, although we've just had some rain/sleet stuff. Our road is really bad, but the main roads seem ok, pavements have been terrible though - really slippery. Don't think we're forecast any snow :( Hope it all goes away by the 30th as we're driving up to Harrogate to spend the New Year with the in-laws.

We had heavy frost on top of ice and temperature crept up from -5 to -2 and then about 1pm it warmed up to just above freezing and it rained :shock:

I hope it doesn't freeze overnight.

I hope all those of you who have snow are soon able to get out and about.

We had heavy frost on top of ice and temperature crept up from -5 to -2 and then about 1pm it warmed up to just above freezing and it rained :shock:

I hope it doesn't freeze overnight.

I hope all those of you who have snow are soon able to get out and about.

We also had that heavy frost Lesley, thankfully not the rain though. I think there was a very light covering of snow on top too, as the side roads were very white.

As I was driving to work this morning (6.50am) I tried to wipe the splash from other traffic off the windscreen, but it froze across the screen as the wipers moved it :shock: Had to turn the heater up to keep the screen from freezing :shock:

It's terrible here, on the local news this morning we had that terrible incident at Hayle with the coach full of WI members overturning. This afternoon a RTA outside the airport terminal and coming home up the motorway another accident also. We've had rain landing on freezing ground - sheet ice everywhere. :anxious:

Work has been chaos! - flights cancelled all over the country and people still trying to get to where they need to go and have been trying since Sunday. Flights were already almost full to capacity so really feel for some people who will not make it home this Christmas. :(