Old Speckled Hen

Snow

Send it north Sarah I want to make Isabelle a snowman! :lol::lol::lol:

Your OH sounds like 'Dad on a mission'. I hope he manages to reach your daughter & her friends!

Reading & Caversham are gridlocked,but the kids are safe sheltering in an Esso station for the moment :D

We may have a few extra bodies on the sofas tonight :lol::lol::lol:

Send it north Sarah I want to make Isabelle a snowman! :lol::lol::lol:

Your OH sounds like 'Dad on a mission'. I hope he manages to reach your daughter & her friends!

Reading & Caversham are gridlocked,but the kids are safe sheltering in an Esso station for the moment :D

We may have a few extra bodies on the sofas tonight :lol::lol::lol:

Do you have enough quilts for them and headache tablets for you?! :wink::lol::lol:

We have deep snow here and I tried to drive into town yesterday and my 4x4 started going backwards down the hill so I turned round and came home! I love the snow and it's so nice to have Christmas in the snow but....... We don't have enough food for the baby (I need apples and butternut squash!) :? and my two year old who surely should love it hates it!!!! :roll:

I will be walking the four miles into town tomorrow to get some food. Oh to be in England!

The chookies hate it as well they keep looking at me like I have punished them for something. I can't let them out in their run as the electric fence will not work in the snow. So they are quite fed up with just the basic cube run. Bless them though they still seem to be laying. Can eggs freeze outside in this weather??? :?

Cinnamon your chicken run looks amazing. Do you need planning permision to put up something like that? Do you use Hemcore in there? I really think something like that would be great for next winter. :D

DD is in Reading staying with boyfriend's family. He is apparently stuck at the Oracle :? I'm just hoping she'll make it home before Christmas.

Its just started really snowing again here. I thought we'd be ok as it had started raining beforehand but its laying on top of the old snow and what was left of the ice. :(

edited to add, the snow photos are so lovely but its really such a nuisance.

It's not fair!!! *has a hissy fit*

We have had very little, only hard frosts! I am 20 minutes from Koojie - ish and nothing!!

Although Metcheck is forecasting heavy snow for us tomorrow. I am stuck in Manchester as we arrived so late this morning (1.35am :shock: ), but will be flying home early tomorrow. I hope I get in before the snow hits.

Plenty of food in the fridge, logs stacked by the back door too :D:D:D

:pray: Please can I have some snow?

Lovely pictures Sarah! 8)

:shock: Sarah! I can see why your house is on a postard if its anything like the other house. Lewis likes those photos! :lol:

The ducks in the snow on Saturday

091217141027.jpg

We've had a tiny bit more snow since then, but not much :(

The theatre was half full for the last performance, because people didn't want to take the risk.

Will be interesting tomorrow at the farm, its the day everyone comes to collect their turkeys, so hopefully people will have to brave it :)

It is hard to believe that Christian has no snow down near Andover. Basingstoke is absolute gridlock. We are on a main road and the traffic is stationary outside the house.

We must have about 4 inches now. OH was supposed to be going to watch Bournemouth tonight so is quite frustrated as he is stuck in his office (possibly for the night!)

On the plus side, we have just had a majorly good snowball fight :)

Awww look at those duckies in the snow.

Still no more here, but just had this from Phil - he lives at his folks farm, high up in the Chilterns.....

been snowing here almost since I got back - it's about twice as deep as it was earlier - just managed to help a BT van get away on the road just outside the house - there was policeman apparently saying the road was blocked further down the hill: he told BT man to turn around then went and left him without seeing if he could do it! Took us about five or six goes to turn the van round and get it away back up the hill onto the level bit

I am now worrying that he won't be able to make it back for Christmas if it doesn't thaw.

It is hard to believe that Christian has no snow down near Andover. Basingstoke is absolute gridlock. We are on a main road and the traffic is stationary outside the house.

According to OH, the snow is now falling thick and fast 8) Just wish I was at home to see it :(

Hope everyone is safe though :?

Brian is back with all the kids - took him over an hour in all, but they got here & have now been picked up by their parents, so all is well :)

Its STILL snowing!

SIL is trapped in The Oracle shopping centre in Reading,with her 2 toddlers & new baby,& is trying to get a room at the Premier Inn just next door.

Hubby & daughter won't be at work tomorrow if it carries on overnight.....

Oh, & I saw a couple of flashes of lightning too :shock:

There have been some slips down our hill and people have been stuck on the road for an hour and a half. DD and I have been out offering warmth and hot drinks and toilet facilities.

Also, a tree branch cracked with the weight of the snow and almost came down on a car.

The roads are absolutely treacherous and I really hope that all your loved ones get back home safely.

OH is going to stay at a friend's house which is within walking distance of his office so I am unlikely to see him this evening.

Apparently Bournemouth will be shown on the tv (if the game is not abandoned for a water logged pitch! Go Figure!!)