Old Speckled Hen

Snow

We had snow in London too. OH decided the mogs should go outside this am (I suspect he didnt want to empty litter tray :shameonu: ) and both cats were suctioned to the back door looking pathetic :roll: . I opened the door to a stampede of feline and was nearly knocked flying they were so keen to get in :lol: OH took me to bus station and got bus to work as I dont do snow - I hate driving in it. Hope everyone is ok

We had loads of snow last night and this morning. Our electricity went off at about midnight and came on about 1 this afternoon. Fortunately we have a gas fire and open fire but they were never going to heat the whole house with those. We've had about 8 inches of snow so our hairless dogs weren't too keen on going out to the loo. The girls went out to build a snowman but the snow kept going over the tops of their boots so the OH finished it. Couldn't do the things we planned today so hopefully will get to do them tomorrow. The chooks weren't keen to leave the cube and didn't want to leave the run either. As beautiful as it looks I'll be glad when it's all gone.

We had an inch or so of snow today which for my part of Sussex is almost unheard of... my OH has had to drive to Lincolnshire tonight and said the temperature there had dropped to -4 .but no more snow was falling when we spoke at nine pm so I am holding out hopes of his getting home tomorrow lunch time.

My chooks were none too impressed by the snow today..and our pussy cat has been spending minimal times in the garden - as I write my son has a small tabby pool in his duvet!! - dog with low slung tum also not appreciating the cold snap!

Next week we are forecast rain..less pretty but much less disruptive!

We've not had any more snow but OH said that its absolutely lethal out there. He's just about to drive ES's girlfriend to work at Bluewater. I was going to cadge a lift and take Cookie to the park for a walk but he thinks its far too icy to be safe. She doesn't seem to bothered at the moment but I feel bad for her. :?

Well, we've had no snow here since Thursday afternoon but everything is frozen solid!

I went for a walk and the canal is frozen , looks around 2 inches thick and the ice is smooth and clear (I think that means it was a quick freeze). I took a pic and although it looks like water, it is frozen. If you look carefully, just left of centre, you can see a brick sticking out of the ice, obviously someone threw it but they couldn't break the ice!

ebay2009002.jpg

Sorry pic is a bit blurry, had to move out of the way of cyclists on the tow path (who no longer have bells or brakes it seems :? ).