Old Speckled Hen

Snow

I was going to post that we hadn't had any here in Macclesfield but dippybird beat me to it!

I went for a walk in the forest this morning and it was clear to start with but it did go really misty whilst we were walking. My sisters were dressing up the ponies where we ride in tinsel and Christmas stuff and they were freezing so they had lunch in the pub next door to warm up!

Well its freezing here! Literally :lol:

Have been turkey farming all day, so in and out of the refridgerated freezer trailer things and its colder outside :lol: We all had loads of layers on, just hands were cold because gloves make everything fiddly!

well,still no snow here,but am now glad,as it's my big party tomorrow and I have family travelling from Wolverhampton and Blackpool for the big christmas pressie exchange and christmas dinner.

No problem with the travelling arrangements from Blackpool - we haven't had any! (Grump :evil: )

I don't remember it ever snowing in the 8 years I was living there! :lol:

We only had another 1cm or so of snow last night but as we still have loads I'm not feeling deprived. Son2 was driving home last night and couldn't get up a hill. He had to call and ask what alternative route there is to get home. We've only been here 2 months and he's been driving less than that. He seems very sensible though as he pulled over to call me and then the police stopped to ask if he had broken down which was good. He was on a pretty remote road so it is good to know they are checking all areas.

Maybe I should get him a map or sat nav or xmas? Anyone recommend a good sat nav?

We only had another 1cm or so of snow last night but as we still have loads I'm not feeling deprived. Son2 was driving home last night and couldn't get up a hill. He had to call and ask what alternative route there is to get home. We've only been here 2 months and he's been driving less than that. He seems very sensible though as he pulled over to call me and then the police stopped to ask if he had broken down which was good. He was on a pretty remote road so it is good to know they are checking all areas.

Did he get home though :?

I tried to clean the Eglu out this morning with a bucket of hot water and Ecover, the water was freezing on the Eglu faster than I could dry it off, even cleaning the base which is in the indoor run. The bubbles from the Ecover were also frozen :shock: The temperature in my back yard is -5 at present, and the sun never gets in the yard in the winter.