Old Speckled Hen

Snow

We have had a very light flurry falling for the past 20 minutes or so, but the sun is trying to shine too, so it could go either way.

Had to clean out and defrost the glugs for both sets of girls this morning, we refilled them with warm water and they loved it. I hope that they don't refreeze before the children get home just after lunch. :anxious:

oooh very dark clouds now but still sunny and snow falling :)

Snowy here and a day off school. Also the electricity went off at about 9.30pm yesterday and stayed off until almost 11 this morning - thank goodness for candles and good old fashioned fires. The chookie girls have not ventured outside the run and it has just clouded over again so more of the white stuff on the way this afternoon! Brrr. I hope everyone is wrapping up warm.

My seventy five year old mother has decided to venture to the cinema to watch Avatar and I was sounding like her mother when I was saying, "Now, are you sure that this is a good idea. there may be more showers and it isn't great on the roads!" The won't be told will they!! :lol:

Also, our heating has been playing up. Great timing :eh:

Just got back from walking Delilah, it's starting to melt here :( but more is forecast!! :D Cold toes, cold nose, wagging tail and that's just me!! :lol: Picking the children up at 1.30 so just enough time to warm up before I venture out again

Edited to add a couple of piccys...

december2009105.jpg

december2009109.jpg

december2009094.jpg

BeckyBoo

Only a bit here, but its all turning icy on the roads. Am meant to be having a driving lesson in an hour which will be interesting ... suppose its the best way to learn how to drive in the ice!

The ducks are out in the snow! :lol: Will try and get a photo :)

Only a couple of centimetres yesterday, nothing today so far. Haven't been out as DH has taken the car to go shopping (hmm..wonder what he's planning to get to put under the tree then!). Chooks haven't really noticed, they are just doing their normal thing.

I agree - it is a very good idea to learn to control skids early on in learning to drive, but only if you can do it off road where you can't come to much harm. So take care, Lewis!

We've had a lot of snow this morning, it was falling very thickly from early this morning until a couple of hours ago. I had to drive to my mum and dad's house this morning which is 4 miles down the road - it took me an hour and a half!

The hens haven't been terribly impressed with the snow. Here's a couple of pics I took of them this morning.

Coming out to investigate the snow

IMGP1869.jpg

I don't think much to this, I'm heading back in...

IMGP1867.jpg

...actually you know what, it's much warmer in my bed.

IMGP1871.jpg

Now if you could please just shut the door it would be even warmer....tsk, humans!

IMGP1875.jpg

Note the revolting bedding which has been thrown all over the place and pooed on. They are going to be most disgruntled when I chuck them out later on to clean it up :lol:

Snow showers here this morning but did not settle. It is snowing thick and fast now and it looks like it is going to stick. I have 4 very cold slaters up on the cottage roof trying to put in 2 Velux windows and slate round the new dormer window. Maybe December wasn't a good time to sart the loft conversion.

Slaters now sheltering in the porch drinking mugs of tea, I did tell them to come inside but they declined.