Old Speckled Hen

Snow

This morning I carried out a long-overdue scrubbing out of the Cube. It was bright and sunny, then suddenly the sky went black and we've just had a massive snow storm. It has settled, but for how long?

I work near to where you live and the staff were all going crazy when it started to snow! :lol::lol:

It decided to try to snow when I cleaned both coops out :( .Then I was daft enough to stand in the garden for an hour while the girls free ranged. I was sooooooooo cold when I got in! And I spent 10 mintes chasing Maud round the run trying to get her in the big coop with all the other girls as she couldn't understand why she wasn't allowed to go in the small one. :think:

I have just looked outside,but no snow, but the cars are getting icy. Forgot to say,I almost went flying on my decking earlier as that was frozen over as well!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well we have I suppose about an inch of snow laying on the ground. I'm glad it wasn't just us with the lights blinking either :roll: I think YS will be very happy when he gets up.

DD will be most upset though as she's supposed to be driving to Reading today to stay with her boyfriend. :?

ANH - hope you and the car are ok after skidding. :D

Loads of the stuff here too this morning.

Had a sleepless night listening to the howling gales outside.

Have a least arrived at work safely although an hour early - we have a nasty uphill slope to negotiate out of our road - if you're not one of the first six or so to do it then it just gets too compacted and icy to even try!

Just a sprinkling here overnight. The heavy stuff is forecast for Monday just when I'mm driving down to London :(

AMS, I've just noticed your location. I was brought up in Welwyn Garden City and often had to explain to people that we were not the first post war garden city ..... that was Letchworth.

Never heard it called Letchworth Garden City though :D