Old Speckled Hen

Snow

It was -6deg first thing this morning, very heavy frost but only a few flakes of snow overnight. Bright and sunny forst thing, but no melting going on. A thick, freezing fog descended mid-morning and made driving even more treacherous, had to get neighbours to push the van to help me get out of the parking space as our road was still like a skid pan when we left to go to Lesley's, got halfway there and the snow and fog disappeared and turned to sleety rain.

We got back to find that our road had bee gritted fro the first time in the 15 years I have lived there... I guess that there have been a few complaints about the lack of gritting in the town centre and surrounding streets.

Wet, sloppy snow around 5.30pm, but soon stopped, cloudy and warmer now though.

When I shut the girls in their water was starting to freeze. When I tucked them in everything was starting to melt. We turned off the heating because it's so warm. We've had loads of rain and had the thunder to Cinammons lightning! :lol: But for all the rain it hasn't even made a dent in the snow - might be disappearing from underneath the top layer.

I went out to shut the chickens away with no shoes on (I always do :roll:) and the snow was so cold my feet didn't even get wet! :lol:

....and just down the road here we were paddling in the deluge of rain :shock: - not forecast!!! It has frozen overnight and is sheet ice out here.

Lots more rain last night but the snow is still thick on the ground. Still no blades of grass visible, although the snow has melted around the drains. The pathway's are slushy in the garden and OH went flying down the steps while trying to hold on to the chicken drink container and their pellets. He managed to keep his balance but lost the liquid and half the pellets! Wish I had the camera!:lol:

my lot are not impressed with the extra white stuff let them out about 9:45 to FR all they did was stand by the back gate even left the back door open for them they come in left a message on the freashly mopped floor and left.

just put them back in the run with no fuss at all just stood by the door and in they went not bribe needed and thats a first :lol: