Old Speckled Hen

Snow

I'm feeling really cross with myself. I didn't go and pick up my turkey & ham from Henley first thing yesterday as I was doing something with my youngest mid morning and now we are snowed in :oops: OH thinks I'm potty because I'm thinking of walking down to the bus stop as the main rd to Henley will be gritted so it should be able to get through, in worst case I could walk back if no buses/trains back :?

(Am I potty ?)

I'm feeling really cross with myself. I didn't go and pick up my turkey & ham from Henley first thing yesterday as I was doing something with my youngest mid morning and now we are snowed in :oops: OH thinks I'm potty because I'm thinking of walking down to the bus stop as the main rd to Henley will be gritted so it should be able to get through, in worst case I could walk back if no buses/trains back :?

(Am I potty ?)

No

My Turkey is four miles away and I will walk to pick it up if i have to :doh:

We have a foot of snow outside.

No chance of getting to Northwich to see the new babe but they want to visit Christmas night so will take plenty of pictures then.

This is the house hidden behind snow.

I've just given our phone lines a twang to loosen the snow weighing them down.

4205340859_45c737f785.jpg

The postbox in the lane

4206098528_b041e8a57d.jpg

I feel sorry for these guys in this weather.

4206097626_693857d085.jpg

I've put plenty of food out and even took some with me on my walk with the dog :oops:

I am still in Manchester as most of the flights have been cancelled now. Still watching the website like a hawk to see if they cancel my flight :(

Popped to the shops and the snow started falling heavily here again :?

'Driving home for Christmas........la, la, la, la' :anxious:

We don't seem to have had any snow for the last three days (maybe a tiny sprinkling overnight) but the ground is still covered - it has been so cold that it just hasn't melted at all. We've just had another nice and crispy dog walk - no mud! Bliss! 8)

Blue sky here and it's beginning to melt. Still very deep and though OH cleared all the snow off my car there was another load on top this morning. The Ocado man delivered next door but parked in our drive - then for some unknown reason he drove further down the slope and couldn't reverse out. So OH went out with some carpet samples to make a grip and our other neighbours came out to help because by that time he was blocking their drive too (and they weren't the ones that had the delivery either!). He finally managed to back out.

Basingstoke on the Sky news this morning and not one person mentioned Jlo and her loo breaks.

Congratulations OSH. :clap:

We don't seem to have had any snow for the last three days (maybe a tiny sprinkling overnight) but the ground is still covered - it has been so cold that it just hasn't melted at all. We've just had another nice and crispy dog walk - no mud! Bliss! 8)

Yay :dance::dance::dance: - I know that feeling - my floor looks almost clean!

My sister phoned and they have snow in Blackpool - very unusual as she's near the beach. She's managed to get my niece and nephew onto a train to Liverpool to see their Dad, not knowing whether they'll be back on Christmas Eve or whether she'll be spending Christmas on her own :anxious:

I'm loving all your snow pics, they are all really pretty and wintery :D Please, please, please, stay safe though folks, it looks really bad where you all are.

No snow here, but just checked on metcheck this afternoon and it has given snow for after 6pm tomorrow and all day Christmas Eve :dance: I was so excited I didn't bother checking the Christmas Day forecast :D

Well we had the heavy snow ended up being at 3/4inches a couple of days ago so i ended up walking 45mins to my doctors appointment on Monday. We didn't have any more snow here until this afternoon when it started again. The roads were looking pretty good and me and mum just went out in the car to take Lola to kennels up in the hills. We got 5 mins down the road and decided to turn back as people were sliding on the fresh snow that had fallen.

We are making the long journey up to Scotland tomorrow which will be interesting. My dad informed mum today that his car which we are going in had the ABS warning light on when he switched it on which is slightly worrying. Apparantly it was fine when he got moving. We thought it was maybe because it hadn't been driven in a few days. We will see, we are driving up with blankets, tealights, matches, food, wellies etc in case anything does happen.

Anyway we went sledging yesterday which was really fun my sister had gone the previous day with her friend so knew a good hill we could go down.

4205930603_eb6878a432.jpg

4205930399_75193ba840.jpg

4206689456_4f239bb467.jpg

The last picture is when Lola had to stay with me at the top because she kept chasing the sledges. It was fine when she chased us but she started to chase other people that were there! Luckily all the people there were from the village so we knew them and could apologise!

I do love the snow as everything looks really pretty, however it does cause havoc with traffic. I dread to think how long its going to take us to reach Scotland tomorrow. I'm hoping the motorways will be ok to drive on and that it won't be too busy :pray:

Hope everyone is keeping safe in the snow.

The roads round here are fine apart from our village. I cam home from work to find a lad had got his mini in the ditch. He seemed shook up but ok. Couldn't rest when I got to our house so me and hubbie walked back to where he was. His family had arrived and they were working out what to do, 4x4 had no grip to tow and so they were trying to get a tractor.

BUT then we remembered my hubbies more youthful pranks of lifting a mini and putting it between bollards. So we flagged down the next car and managed to lift it out the ditch!!!

BUT then we remembered my hubbies more youthful pranks of lifting a mini and putting it between bollards. So we flagged down the next car and managed to lift it out the ditch!!!

:lol: takes me back to the day when I got 4 burly lads to lift my old Fiat 500 out when it was hemmed in a parking soace in London.

Glad he was OK.

Getting foggy now. Yesterday our neighbour told us how her son's car slid sideways down the hill on the road at the back of us. He pushed it to the side when another car overtook him and did exactly the same thing. They then helped each other by then the young lad decided to walk the couple of hundred yards home, so they got his car up on the pavement then sorted the other man out - not sure whether he carried on. His mum went to Te$co's yesterday and has decided not to go out again. While the other main roads are free, ours are thick with ice and because of the steep slopes it is so dangerous. Our immediate neighbour (Ocado delivery side) cannot get into her driveway because the boyfriend has tried to reverse out and so became stuck. OH going to take photo's of the ruts that the Ocado van made because it has only recently been redone - now the damage goes below the bottom layer. He took the van's number and said that Ocado might have to repair the damage (especially as it shouldn't have been in our driveway anyway), but it is hard to see the whole extent of the damage with all the snow and ice.