beach chick

things you say to pets

about 20 times a day to the dog when he drops his stick/ball/whatever about 10 feet away from me:

"you're a Labrador RETRIEVER, the clue's in the name!"

or the alternative version:

"me mummy, me throw; you Labrador, you retrieve" :lol::lol:

to bad Stanley cat when he's trying to 'play' with the rabbits:

"if you stop poking your paw in they might talk to you!"

Doesn't everyone do this? Every evening I call out 'hi, honey, I'm home!' to the cats.

They never respond.

Another frequent comment is 'do I get down on the floor and eat out of your bowl? No? So why do you expect to eat off my plate?'. They never answer that one, either. :lol:

To all the cats, and occasionally the dog (though at least he moves out of the way when I say this while glaring at him) : 'Did you have to choose just that spot to lie on???' (as they lie spread out in door frames or across the access to the kitchen making me climb over them) or 'for goodness sake you'll trip me over one of these days' (as they insist on hanging around my legs as I load and offload the dishwasher)

"Hey TC" whenever I see my cat Thomas (TC short for Tom Cat)

"Do you want to go pee pees out the back", "Where's Mammys boy", "Stop being a great big wuss" are all daily utterances to Henry the terrier

"Oh Dorothea, give it a rest" to Dorothea my Gold Legbar that is the noisiest chicken known to man :lol:

I was just starting to look at this board when, hearing Jeffrey the tortoise clawing in his cage, I turned to Sophie, my cat, sitting next to me - 'Oh I'd better go and let him out into the garden' - not sure what she thinks on the subject though.... :roll:

I always without fail tell Dave that he's a gorgeous boy. With Sophie its usually, do you want your tablet?

Cookie gets so much drivel spoken to her from me during the day :wink::lol:

To Rolo , my Birman cat ' get your tail out of my coffee', or ' get your claws out of my head' ( he holds it still while he gives my hair a wash :lol: ) or 'no bitey , NO BITEY!' ( in vain :lol: )

To boo the siamese, ' if you want to sit on my shoulder then sit on my shoulder, don't leave your backside hanging down'

To Gremmie, my other siamese 'phooar, must you do that on my lap?' ( he's a rather 'windy ' cat )

To Maya , my cute but thick Lab, ' don't lie in front of the door then' - she lies right behind the door and constantly gets her head bumped when we open it. Also ' it's a BICYCLE/TREE/ SIGN for goodness sake' she's rather wimpy :lol:

To Fizz the terrier 'GET OFF MY CHAIR' :evil:

and I always say 'good morning, how you doing?' to the chooks

Oh, good topic :)

All to Tommy our JRT

Sing '54321' when he is stuck on a smell and wont move.

'The big nothing will get you in the end hahaha' in a crazy witch voice as he stares out the back door at, well, nothing.

'You really shouldn't be eating that'..

Poor man and naughty doggies.

My OH to the cat whose bum is in my face "dont f--t now or mums in trouble" :vom: and me to our soft tabby who gets her claws caught in my skirt " release your claws " this as I stand up and show my knickers to the whole family as my skirt has been lifted up by her claws :lol: