Cinnamon

The X Factor 2011

Janet disappointed me tonight, as did Mischa.

I was glad to see Amelia Lily get another chance, she gave a great performance, with a bit of coaching she will be great.

I think either Kitty or Little Mix will go. I haven't seen Kitty's dad with his board but a friend of mine has, they are all over the local press. :roll:

Cor Marcus - loved, loved loved it! I was absolutely blown away by Amelia Lily's performance. Amazing! Ooo get me, I sound like a judge! :lol:

She is brilliant isn't she?

Janet - boring, Craig - like him but predictable, Mischa B - too cocky now & didn't like last night, Little Mix - get rid, Kitty - loved her look but song off key.

Marcus to win - or even Amelia!

Emma.x

Blimey X Factor really has lost popularity, I had to trawl to page 4 to find this thread :shock:

What a topsy turvey week, I liked some first songs and hated the second ones and others visa versa. :roll:

I think that I would vote for Amelia Lily this week though, her first song was spellbinding, her second was pretty awful but even kelly Clarkson sometimes has trouble singing her own songs, they are not easy. :lol:

I am not sure if Janet was being tactical, nervous or just plain poor for her first performance, I didn't really buy the sickness thing. :? She was much better second time around, but I think she should go she is 4/7 favourite to go with Ladbrokes.

Little Mix were great with Beautiful but not so good with their first.

Janet was awful but she's been favourite to win nearly every week. A friend of mine said last night that if she survives this weekend after that performance then she's nailed on to win. She doesn't deserve it though, goodness knows who is voting for her!

I didn't rate Marcus last night, his Stevie Wonder wasn't as great as the judges said it was.

Misha should not wear leggings!

Gosh, I'm alone here in thinking Janet is incredible. I think they don't want her to win and are giving her terrible songs. Under the Bridge she chose for herself and was incredible. She has an amazing and unique voice and I'd buy her album like a shot. But Gary doesnt want her to win so is making sure she gets inappropriate songs week after week

Marcus is a karaoke singer. He'd be great as a holiday camp entertainer but not a star. If he wins he will disappear without trace like Shane Ward did. He sang off key yesterday. The rest can at least sing in tune.

A year down the line, I think the only two of the finalists with successful albums will be Janet and Little Mix. Maybe Misha B if she raps a bit more and goes for the urban soul market. I think they have already decided Marcus will win and are doing all they can to rig the vote in his favour.

Cor, this series is so bad I just have to watch it!! :lol:

Janet was awful, she should go based on her first performance.

"Ooops, word censored!"ody should tackle a Stevie Wonder song unless they are amazing, which Marcus is not.

Amelia was fab on her first song, really good song choice. She has the best voice. I have never warmed to Misha.

I wish they'd give the judges three seconds to say a name. I'm fed up with "I'm basing my decision on last nights performance blah blah blah". It's not as if they're going to have to base it on anything else is it? "I'm basing my decision on the fact so-and-so hates Jaffa cakes and therefore doesn't deserve to win the competition" is a bit more exciting but unlikely :roll:

I think that Janet was ready to go, they were trying to mould her into something she didn't want to be. She is a feisty young woman who knows her own mind and very much has her own style. If she has been allowed to sing like she did in her survival song she would have gone far. I think she will make it as a lovely modern Irish folk singer.

Agree with you there. I think she was actually happy to go. I will buy her album, she has an incredible voice. However X Factor don't want somebody with their own ideas or personality, they want somebody who will do as they are told, and sing what they are told, how they are told to do it. That is why almost all the previous winners have sunk without trace (except for Leona, but she is exceptional), and why the runners up and other contestants actually fare better.