ilovechickens

Feeling a little nervous

Just after a bit of reassurance i guess- found a lump in my armpit last week-whizzed of to the doc's following day and now have an appointment on Monday for a scan and check-feeling a little scared! :boohoo:

I know I did the right thing by getting it checked out straight and away whilst half of me is telling myself it will turn out to be nothing to worry about, the other half is telling me to be prepared.

My OH is insisting on taking me-and after phoning work to tell them he wont be in (and in telling them the truth of why he wont) he was met with the response from his (female) boss-'Oh I will be there too'!!

You are doing absolutely the right thing to have it checked out, but I absolutely sympathise with your concerns, as I had a recall following a routine mammogram last year and also have a lump in my armpit . It turned out to be nothing but a cyst but even if I'd had a less happy outcome I do have several friends who have been treated for malignant bumps and lumps and are absolutely fine now.. The scary thing was the waiting.

Everything crossed for a good result on Monday

sending hugs xxx

Very natural to be nervous but it does sound like you are almost going on a work outing with your dh as his boss is going to be there too :lol: Hopefully, that may even make it a less fraught experience.

Sending lots of positive vibes your way. Keep us updated ((hugs))

Of course you're nervous. And there's no point in telling you not to be. The good thing is that you did something about it straight away. That's ALWAYS the right thing to do.

I've been through this twice, so I really do know how you feel. Try to have a restful weekend so as not to exhaust yourself.

My OH, who I have often suspect is devoid of emotion, always tells me not to worry unless I have something to worry about. I'm like you and worry which is natural. However since I've adopted his approach things in life are much easier. Medical issues, tricky meetings etc Try it, it does work surprisingly.

My sister does best case worst case cenarios. If it's the worst she says at least she knows and can put plans in place to deal with it!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you on Monday. Try to keep yourself busy over the weekend and hopefully the time will pass quickly. I had a breast lump (turned out to be benign) removed years ago but still remember how long it seemed to take to get the results. I had been told they thought it was ok but would test it "just incase". I have also had cysts and the dr has taken fluid from them at my appointments. Do not be worried if they want to do that (I am not sure if they will as it is in a different area to my lumps) as it is not a sore procedure. Take care.

I wouldn't even begin to speculate as to what it could or could not be and I know that you will worry until your appointment. Will be thinking of you and can only advise you to try and keep busy until your appointment. Watching rubbish films at the cinema and going out for frosty walks in the sunshine (if you have any) might help pass the time :)

thanks guys for all the lovely good wishes-just to let you know that it has turned out to be a harmless cyst. After lots of poking and prodding, scans and ultrasounds I am home with nothing (well nothing that important!) to worry about!

Made me take a hard look at things and realise who and what truely matters!

Fantastic news - makes you count your blessings. I had a biopsy on a breast lump which ended up being benign - you do have to confront various outcomes in your head and when you get the all clear you realise that it's not worth fretting over minor worries.

Good health is not something to be taken for granted. Well done you for getting it checked out so soon :clap: