WitchHazel

Snow?! 2012/13

I definately do not want snow this week , next week or the week after, in fact i don't want any snow until late November. It just doesn't seem right to be thinking of snow yet. :shock:

As for my postman , he wears trousers as he has thin shapeless pins for legs and he wears walking boots with a good pair of woolie socks turned over the tops . Not that i have paid much attention you understand :oops:

No , no snow until i have finished my course of hydro therapy which ends end of Nov . Coming out of a nice warm pool into freezing muchy ice on the ground is not nice, need to keep the joints warm for the rest of the day to feel any benifit.

Merlina you are not too far away.

L_B I visited an ill friend first thing near Greetham and went through Cottesmore into Oakham and said to OH they have had some snow and he said no just frost, then we saw both saw it on the cars and he had to agree.

It is too early, I really don't want any snow.

It is bitterly cold out and the wind is wicked.

Rosie my car said it was 2.0 at 8.30 and it went up to 4.5 by the time we got home. Keep yourself nice and warm! :D

Chrissie

L_B I visited an ill friend first thing near Greetham and went through Cottesmore into Oakham and said to OH they have had some snow and he said no just frost, then we saw both saw it on the cars and he had to agree.

See, I wasn't telling a fib! I think we often get some pretty bad weather in Cottesmore as we're up on the hill. According to my neighbour, if you go due east from Cottesmore you don't find any higher land until you reach the Ural Mountains! :shock: Don't know how true that is, but I can well believe it when it's perishingly cold in the middle of winter.

Which part of Leicestershire are you? Nothing Rutland Northants border but very cold.

Chrissie

I'm near melton mowbray. admittedly in a village which often seems to manage to have its own microclimate which involves more wet and snow than everywhere else!

Hello to you both, I also live in a village near Melton Mowbray at the end of the vale of Belvior! My girls were busy eating the snow off the top of their pumpkin.

Which part of Leicestershire are you? Nothing Rutland Northants border but very cold.

Chrissie

I'm near melton mowbray. admittedly in a village which often seems to manage to have its own microclimate which involves more wet and snow than everywhere else!

Hello to you both, I also live in a village near Melton Mowbray at the end of the vale of Belvior! My girls were busy eating the snow off the top of their pumpkin.

Ooh we're all very local! My uncle lives in Cottesmore (and published lovely sunny pictures from the village on facebook while we were busy having snow) - I'm Vale of Belvoir end too - near Asfordby