Goldie

Show us your dogs!

Wow the Newfies are my ultimate favourite! What are yours like to live with, karlotta?

They are pretty good. Fairly lazy around the house and don't need too much exercise. The major work is brushing and cleaning up after them! 8 huge hairy feet bring in a lot of dirt and feathery legs and furry coats bring in branches rather than twigs.

They aren't cheap to keep. The food isn't too bad, but the cost of everything else is huge. A simple dose of antibiotics usually hits about £100. Insurance is crazy amounts too!

But they are fantastically friendly with everyone... it's just not that everyone appreciates the slobbery kisses! ;)

karlotta - we recently ended a dog walk in a pub (it's a tradition) where a bloke had 4 newfies :shock: they are known as gentle giants, aren't they? It's not for nothing that they are known as 'nanny dogs' and were used to mind children in the past.

That photo of Cyrus is so lovely, he looks super-handsome!

Thank you, i will pass that on to him; he's currently cavorting around with Ruby's teddy in his mouth. :roll:

I am waiting for LBB to post photos of her delicious poopies....

file-10.jpgfile-9.jpgfile-11.jpg

How could I resist taking some up-to-date photos of Lara my miniature poodle for you. She will be a year old next month. I had so many worries before I got her due to suffering from allergy to dogs but I am fine with her. She is really easy to train and we were going to agility but have changed to heelwork to music. She loved the agility but racing round a field and trying to memorise a course were not the best for me :lol:

You've got to love a bit of bling :lol: I think what I love about her (but I am biased :lol: ) is that she ticks so many boxes. She can be a lap dog with a blingy collar and walk on her back legs etc. But she is not yappy, is good with folks of all ages, can walk for miles, run like a hare and is generally a great all rounder. I have a friend who I sometimes walk with who has an elderly larger dog and I think she is surprised at how plucky Lara is. Sadly the breed has such a bad reputation for being just a fou fou dog. I remember asking the vet about dogs for people with allergies before we got Lara. I had been thinking of a Lhasa or a Shih Tzu as I imagined a poodle to be snappy and difficult. She told me to think about the poodle and I am so glad I did :D

L - I totally understand your technophobia. It honestly takes me about 45 minutes to get my photos from the camera to the forum :shock: I am glad you like Lara. As you can possibly guess I would recommend a poodle :lol: OH was against us getting a dog but she seems to favour him and he adores her. He can even cope with being seen walking her :lol:

Edited by Guest