sadietoo

Cadbury's chocolate

:(

Has anyone else noticed that Cadbury's Dairy Milk just doesn't taste the same anymore.....it's got a really strange almost coconut aftertaste ...and none of that comforting chocolateyness I have depended upon all my life....(and that's a long long time!).

I will stop buying it ......I knew it was a bad day when Kraft bought out Cadbury's ....Americans have no idea how chocolate should taste or they wouldn't sell so many Hershey bars ...which I think taste like :vom: !!

I vaguely remember hearing that they were going to add in the anti-melting ingredient that they use in hot places like Australia. It'll be a shame if they do. I usually have to take bars of the stuff over there when I visit, as son and wife can't stand the taste of the Australian version!

.Americans have no idea how chocolate should taste or they wouldn't sell so many Hershey bars ...which I think taste like !!

As an American, I take exception to that comment. What people like has a lot to do with what they have been exposed to. Having eaten a fair amount of Continental chocolate e.g. French, German, Swiss - much of which has a higher cocoa butter content - Cadbury, by comparison, can taste sickly sweet and not very chocolatey at all. And that was before Kraft took over.

.Americans have no idea how chocolate should taste or they wouldn't sell so many Hershey bars ...which I think taste like !!

As an American, I take exception to that comment. What people like has a lot to do with what they have been exposed to. Having eaten a fair amount of Continental chocolate e.g. French, German, Swiss - much of which has a higher cocoa butter content - Cadbury, by comparison, can taste sickly sweet and not very chocolatey at all. And that was before Kraft took over.

I agree! I tried a cream egg once when I was a kid because they were advertising them heavily one Easter. I thought it was nauseating! :vom: Very disappointing!

I wouldn't class a cream egg as the best thing in chocolate :wink: It is very sickly and really meant for kids, even though I do like them, or rather the M&S free range egg version.

I do prefer continental chocolate. The Cadburys stuff is very sweet, but as for Hershey bars, they really aren't nice. An almost plastic texture I find. My brothers girlfriend brought some over with her along with a lot of American sweets, and we didn't like them in particular. I do like Reeces peanut butter cups though and the mint M&Ms :D

But I do agree, you tend to judge your taste in chocolate from what you have grown up with and the memories associated with it.

Can't really comment on this one, as the only Cadbury product I buy regularly is their drinking chocolate. I just find Dairy Milk incredibly sickly and much prefer dark chocolate or if I do have milk chocolate then I really like the Divine one or Green and Blacks.

I love chocolate !

I love Thortons Alpini Bars yum yum yum

Now I eat a fair bit of cadburys, living down 20 mins away from Kenysham I was upset to see the factory go especially as when I paid attention to the PTA I would often use the school card to purchase choccy from the factory shop (for th school of course oh and me) Anyway tomorrow I shall purchase a bar of dairy milk and see how it compares, and if im not satisfied I will send my letter of complaint to Mr Cadbury/Kraft they really shouldn't mess with chocolate (why do I find that a hard word to spell ??)

We visited Cadbury World at Easter and had a surfeit! By the time we left I felt quite nauseated as the smell was overpowering....a classic case of having too much of a good thing!? :think:

I REALLY adore Lindor....... especially the round ones in dark, milk and white!

As others have said, tho, I may well have to do some research on the Dairy Milk :lol:

We visited Cadbury World at Easter and had a surfeit! By the time we left I felt quite nauseated as the smell was overpowering....a classic case of having too much of a good thing!? :think:

Now, that I have to agree on, I went for a walk into Bournville yesterday and the smell, even outside the factory is sickly sweet, so I dread to think what it's like inside.

I REALLY adore Lindor....... especially the round ones in dark, milk and white!

Oooh, forgot about those-the dark ones are indeed the best!

I love love love Cadbury's chocolate! I managed to buy a box of 24 bars of Dairy Milk Bubbly for £4 and am slowly munching my way through them!

I'm not keen on Lindor. But I'll manage to force some down if that's all there is :wink:

I do agree that what you grow up eating tends to remain a favourite.

Under the auspices of research I pinched a Freddo from ES and did think that it was slightly 'off'......I can't put my finger on what was wrong just that is wasn't as I remembered Cadburys! :(

Has anyone tried Milka (in the pale purple wrapper)? :vom::shock::vom:

I will stick with Lindor, I think! :drool:

PS I LOVE these little icony things :lol: (whatever they are called) there are so many suited exactly to this thread!!!

NB Note to self; must get out more

My OH will only eat cadburys dairy milk - he has the rather large bar quite regularly (and weighs just over 10 stone :mrgreen: )

The look and taste have both changed I think. It is somehow less substantial in texture - taste is so hard to describe !

I much prefer Lindt and Green & Black's as I think CDM is very synthetic but it shouldn't be messed with.