Purplemaniacs

A horrid shock

Oh no! That is awful! How very dare they :twisted: I hope they haven't taken anything of personal value. Telly's etc can be replaced, but much harder with photos etc. (((hugs)))

Sadly they took laptops, tablet and my camera so I have lost my photos, also all my jewellery and my late mum's jewellery. Also sports equipment that was very personal.

Didn't touch tvs perhaps too big :?

Chrissie

Sorry to hear that. I notice you're East Northants? A friend in Kettering had this happen a few weeks ago. Broke in (whilst they were asleep), didn't take much except for his business cash, but stole his car as well using the keys they found. Car subsequently turned up, having been used in another robbery in Thrapston! Left all his cricket gear in the car, plus his work tools. Had to pay the Police £150 to get his own car back!!! There was a spate of similar ones around the same time in the area.

Oh I'm so sorry, what a terrible thing to happen, you must feel violated to think someone has been in your personal space which is just dreadful. Awful that they have taken such personal things and the sad thing is that they will probably get next to nothing for them to fund drug habits etc

I really hope you get things back.

Made me think about photos though, I have years worth on computer which are irreplaceable.

Sorry to hear such horrible news :( Hope your house is nice and secure now and everything insurance-wise gets sorted out quickly so you can focus on yourself. It's a horrible feeling :( x

Made me think about photos though, I have years worth on computer which are irreplaceable.

Try and get important ones printed or stored on an external hard drive elsewhere. When my boyfriend got burgled they took all the external hard drives and USB sticks too :(

Really sorry to hear this. In my previous town (in northants!) was burgled a number of times, so know how horrible it can be.

As others have said, keeping copies of electronic stuff is a good move - all my techy pals keep stuff on a hard drive which they keep at another location (work, shed, friend's house etc).

A trawl around the local 'cash for gold' type shops has been successful for some people I know in getting some of their belongings back after burglaries

So sorry to hear it, it's happened to me (more than once :roll:) and it is, as you say, a shock.

I'm sorry to say it, but the chances of getting anything back, or of the police catching anyone, are low. I would focus on securing he house so it can't happen again in the same way, and getting the insurance claim in. It's heartbreaking to lose personal things and especially the photos. Did they get any ID documents or will there be anything on the computer they can use to get credit? That's what often follows a burglary. I would check your post very carefully, the first I knew was a letter from Argos confirming a credit agreement, and I nearly binned it because I thought it was a circular.

Hope you're recovering from the shock.

I'm so sorry to hear this :( It must have been an awful shock for you and your family and I don't suppose you slept well last night :( I have no good advice to offer, but the fact its just happened to you is something for us all to take notice of and try to make sure we are all secure, especially our memories, (Dropbox is great) so thanks for sharing your news even though its horrible. I hope today passes smoothly, you've had a nasty shock so give yourself some time if you feel a bit wobbly.

It is horrid.

I had some family jewellery stolen and I was so upset.

With the money from the insurance though, I got a really nice ring in memory of my grandmother. And ironically I wear it all the time, while the rings she left me I probably would never have worn as not my style. So while I 100% would prefer to still have my grandmothers stuff, I do now have a ring that I wear rather than something kept in a drawer.

So I would suggest you do something similar. Even get something made to your specifications. Make it something special, something positive - not just "a replacement" but something you will treasure and still make you think of your family.

I'm very sorry you lost all your photos as well - if there are any special occasions that you now have no record of, don't forget to ask other family/friends at the same event if they have any photos they can send you, so you have something.

Hope they catch the :silenced: who did this.