Ain't Nobody Here

Had the most unimaginable sad news

Long time Omlet folk may remember that the 16 year old daughter of acquaintances of ours, who was in our oldest son's year at school, died suddenly in her sleep 4 years ago.

I found out today that her brother, who was in my younger son's year, died the same way this weekend. He was 18. He was a talented footballer who played with my son up until 6th year and was in the Hibs under 20 squad.

I just can't begin to imagine how their parents, who are the nicest people, will come back from this second tragedy.

It just puts everything into perspective and makes you grateful for your own good fortune.

I was going to post about how terrible this must be for those parents but that sounds trite ....... just beyond imagining their pain. Made me realise that all this rushing around trying to get ready for Christmas and then getting cross with my two when they fight/leave a mess/play up is SO stupid and will slow down and give them much more time and loads of hugs.