sparkysmum

Waitrose group interview! Accepted position!!

That has changed since my interview then!

Mine was much more fun - draw your favourite animal, discuss how you relate to it, some team building exercises.

I would have been delighted to read a mystery shopper report - I have been mystery shopping for 8 years :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much about the group bit. It is usually just to see how you work in a team. I am sure that if the one on one interview went well then that will go very much in your favour :-)

And if none of you have been in that situation and you haven't been trained, how are you expected to come up with the solution that they have in their set answer. :eh: I really don't like group interviews because I don't think it lets people be their true selves apart from the ones that like the sound of their own voices. I don't think it reflects on how you relate to customers or other members of staff. Everyone is quiet at first and some take a little longer to settle while others feel at home straight away. In a good work unit if everyone is nice it makes it so much easier so settle, but I have never in my life come across a grumpier cashier than the old man in Sainsbury's. Ye gods if he was top performer in a group interview then he must have been possessed by an angel and regressed shortly after signing his contract! :shock:

So in the mean time I will keep everything crossed for you.

Well they kept me waiting but got home today to an email offering me 24 hours in the cafe :!: Oh what a dilemma ! I think I would really enjoy it but it is a temporary contract and who knows what might happen at the end of it :?: Whilst I am super stressed in my current job, it is permanent and wouldn't have to worry about work until I retire.

I will chat it over with hubby tonight and try to make a rational decision :lol:

Thank you all for your positive thoughts, its clearly worked! Think I might need a chat with Cinnamon! Quite excited really . Love Ax

CONGRATULATIONS :clap:

I think most stores start staff on temporary contracts so that can separate the wheat from the chaff.

When I worked in chain shops and supermarkets I started on tills/checkout and within weeks given a different role so if you find the cafe isn't for you there is likely to be other departments to move to. I absolutely loved working 'backstage' in a supermarket as a receptionist, it was varied, you got to meet lots of people and communicate with customers plus there was always overtime on the checkouts available!

Try and imagine how you would have felt if you hadn't got the job and see if that swings it for you.

Hello! Well I'm pretty sure that I am going for it :o My lovely girl is having horrible health isues just now so working just 2 weekdays plus a Saturday will give me more time at home if she is unwell. If we manage to get her health issues sorted then I will be able to do supply support for learning or early years work the rest of the week. Can't actually believe I am doing this :!:

Thank you all again Ax

Wow! What a great compliment to you! Congrats on getting the job! :clap::clap::clap:

If your not sure, you can always keep an eye out for something else, while working at Waitrose. But at least you'll have the work experience, which will make getting a potential third job easier. But we are all expecting them to absolutely love you and keep you for ever and ever! :lol:

Congratulations! If you don't take this up , you will always wonder whether you made the right decision. As others have said it is common to take on new staff on a temporary contract to see if they settle in, and once you are working there you will be in a prime position to apply for a permanent role if one comes up. Good luck, and I hope your daughter is soon better.

WHOOHOOO! Well done. My DD started off in Boots doing Christmas cover only. She was one of two that were taken on permanently, so you never know - it could be the start of something great. And if you are having a horrid time at your current job - reduce your stress indeed and go for the part time contract for the time being.

I like what Chickencam said. That was lovely!

oh my goodness, you are all so kind :!: ANH, I love your post!, Chickencam, I love your words and Olly, I love your insightfullness. I should have said that they have offered me 24 hours and not the 10 or 12 which was advertised and I believe that the post might become permanent. I really shouldn't hesitate but I will miss much of what I do esp the children. I really have to make a decision and I hope my mind will sort this out tonight :!: Thank you all :!: Love Ax