Grandmashazzie

New Layout & Forum Software

I have to admit to getting very lost on new layout. I also seem to be logged in permanently which makes it look like I am on here morning, noon and night. Hopefully my dinosaur brain will process where to find the bits I enjoy. Also where are the emoji?

28 minutes ago, Alis girls said:

I have to admit to getting very lost on new layout. I also seem to be logged in permanently which makes it look like I am on here morning, noon and night. Hopefully my dinosaur brain will process where to find the bits I enjoy. Also where are the emoji?

Emojis are in the bar above the message writing block. It’s an black and white smiley face.:grin:

I thought that I had posted something about the demise of the All Things Nice thread and kefir earlier this afternoon.......can't find that post now. Things seem to jump around and disappear ....like me from The Forum. Am close to giving up :S Nothing seems to be in a logical order any more - sigh!

6 minutes ago, soapdragon said:

I thought that I had posted something about the demise of the All Things Nice thread and kefir earlier this afternoon.......can't find that post now. Things seem to jump around and disappear ....like me from The Forum. Am close to giving up :S Nothing seems to be in a logical order any more - sigh!

Soapy, if you click on your own name, it will take you to a profile page, there are all your post summed up for you. The most confusing right now is that there are about 3 topics right now we all use to complain about the new lay-out. I keep thinking I wrote something in one topic but it turns out I did in the other.

6 hours ago, soapdragon said:

Have just realised that the other window in the Forum that I use quite a bit - All Things Nice - has gone! This is taking some getting used to o.O

See? Not gone, just in the topic that Matt started.

34 minutes ago, Ursula123 said:

Trying to get the hang of the new layout, what do the +numbers under some people's names mean

That someone “liked” your post. If you click on the little heart on the right bottom of a post, you can “like” a post. Although I could have done without the ranking bit. Seems redundant and only motivates people to like posts so to get likes back.

• Sad 1

What would we do without you Cats Tails. You have it all sussed in days. Never even noticed little heart to side until you pointed it out :roll: or category at top of emoji box. I think Omlet !egggreen! should be employing you to do online tutorial. Can you add to profile? Like someone else said I liked seeing where everyone was based,it made a nice connection.

24 minutes ago, Grandmashazzie said:

What would we do without you Cats Tails. You have it all sussed in days. Never even noticed little heart to side until you pointed it out :roll: or category at top of emoji box. I think Omlet !egggreen! should be employing you to do online tutorial. Can you add to profile? Like someone else said I liked seeing where everyone was based,it made a nice connection.

Haven’t figured out yet how to add information to your profile. Although you apparently can give yourself a title... :shock: You can also add a photo banner to your profile page and add the Omlet products you own. The Omlet products appear underneath your name, next to a post.

Hadn’t found the categories with the smilies myself either. Dave pointed that out to me. 

Just keep clicking and trying away. Nothing will explode when you click the wrong thing. (You might only make Matt and Dave cry... :wink::lol:)

1 hour ago, GrannyTrish said:

I think I'm might be the odd one out here. I love new software and learning how to use it! xD

I'm getting used to it. I hate change (as in I really, really HATE change) but this is growing on me, plus the fact that it is now so easy to put photos in a post. I was horrified when I first saw the changes, but I'll refrain from moaning about it until I've given it a go. (Oh, if only you knew how hard that is for me xD:$)  There, said it now, I've challenged myself to get used to it.

3 minutes ago, Charlottechicken said:

I'm getting used to it. I hate change (as in I really, really HATE change) but this is growing on me, plus the fact that it is now so easy to put photos in a post. I was horrified when I first saw the changes, but I'll refrain from moaning about it until I've given it a go. (Oh, if only you knew how hard that is for me xD:$)  There, said it now, I've challenged myself to get used to it.

I know most people don't like change, some more than others. Look at it as a challenge to help your chooks! I've got faith in you. :)

TBH, GrannyTrish, I think it's my age. I remember not being able to use calculators at school (bet I'm not alone there :$) to this all singing all dancing touch screen internet connected world we now live in. I'm not particularly interested in technology but need to use it daily. Trying to teach myself photoshop at present and that's hard work!!

I remember when calculators first came on sale in the shops, and LCD watches! I'm not a geek as I've no idea how computers work and know nothing about programming, but I do like technology and learning to use it.  Photoshop is a mystery to me, too. I need someone to teach me how to use the settings on my camera first and then I'll tackle Photoshop.  Do you use it for your blog?

31 minutes ago, Alis girls said:

Sorry Clare you have lost me. Something about returns. 

Your signature is very long right now. Every hen is listed on a new line. That’s definitely not your fault, but I have to agree with DM, takes up quite a lot of room on the page. Maybe you could condense it a bit by removing some returns (enters)?

What are calculators?:lol:  The first one I ever owned was a Casio.  Then when we took my mum and dad to Milestones in Basingstoke (it's a heritage museum) for part of their 50th wedding anniversary, I saw the same darned thing!  Sheesh!:roll:  They loved it because it also had my mum's Electrolux vacuum cleaner - and they still used it!  As for techno stuff - I killed our printer recently.  OH was whingeing that it was easy to refill the ink and I should be able to do it for myself.  Now me and things like that do not mix.  So I thought yep I'll replenish the paper - it's not as if I haven't done that before with other printers.  So  I did and then it all went kerflooey!  When he got home from work he beeped more than the printer.  :lol:  He was not a happy bunny at all - an expensive one he used for work with scanner etc all singing and dancing one.  We now have a really cheap printer.

:lol:

The ones we had in the bank were either hand crank calculators (with duplicated paper reels) and a few electric ones.  One of the girls was so fast that while the machine could calculate fine, the actual gears and whatever couldn't cope - she burnt two of them out - bit scary when you see smoke rising up PULL THE PLUG EEEK!:lol:  As for the computers.  Delightful monsters that leaked oil all over our feet!