Grandmashazzie

New Layout & Forum Software

39 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

On The Nesting Box and possibly others, but I haven't paid enough attention, on the very left there are black stars and black circles, next to the posts.

What are they for ?

The black stars mean that there are posts you haven't read in that section, but I don't see black circles.

1 hour ago, GrannyTrish said:

The black stars mean that there are posts you haven't read in that section, but I don't see black circles.

If you click on a black star (popular post I guess) or a black dot (less popular post I guess) it will bring you directly to the new post you haven’t read yet. Saves you on scrolling all the way down.

On the old forum, it was a little yellow thingy in almost the same position.

Finally discovered how you can make a hard return (enter). But so far I only manage to do it on a laptop. On my iPad it still isn’t possible. 

If you are on a computer, you have to press shift plus return and it will give you a normal return. Managed to condense my signature that way at least.

• Thanks 1

Popped in 2/3 weeks ago.

Hated the new look. Found it impenetrable.

Decided to come back when I had more time/was less grumpy

It's still not at all user-friendly :(

I belong to loads of forums, some which have barely been redesigned since the 1990s and some which are clearly aimed at 'young people' ;)

This seems to manage to incorporate the worst of both worlds :(

It's a shame because it was a simple, clean and effective lay-out. And now it's not

Well I'm still struggling to send any new PM's :evil:

I now only have 5 messages in my inbox, having deleted at least 350. It still tells me my inbox is full.

Something is seriously wrong with the programming.

I can't even send a message to Matt or Christian asking them to help me.

On 05/04/2018 at 5:10 PM, Luvachicken said:

Well I'm still struggling to send any new PM's :evil:

I now only have 5 messages in my inbox, having deleted at least 350. It still tells me my inbox is full.

Something is seriously wrong with the programming.

I can't even send a message to Matt or Christian asking them to help me.

I think this should now be resolved, the limit seems to have been set at 0 by the process that migrated us over from the old software - I've corrected that now.

• Thanks 1

I posted on another thread then, after having hit the button, realised I'd made a smelling :P error. I went back in to 'edit' and, once I had done so, it asked me for a reason! I flippantly typed in 'old age and inattention' and, lo and behold, there it states same at the end of my post :$

• Haha 1