patsylabrador

Lockdown

There's a layby at the back of RAF Odiham and you can watch the training exercises - it is indeed amazing how they flip those big things around in the air.  We used to take the children to watch some days when it was nice.  Of course that was before they had to go to school and then it was feed the ducks at Long Sutton and then watch the helicopters if the layby wasn't full of other cars.  I used to do a lot of walking around there, nice blackberries up a lane - easily marked by a bench that was overgrown.  

Ooh happy belated birthday Patsylabby!

It's loads busier here with much more traffic and people getting back to work. My son says it's still calm and quiet in the area he works. They have plenty of PPE. I don't even bother to check what's being said on the bbc so I don't know if that tallies with what's being reported. I prefer to get my information from someone actually doing the job. 

I'm disappointed by the amount of rubber/plastic gloves I see strewn around car parks now. Some people are still as dirty and selfish as they always were. When the government says that they hope people will keep washing their hands as the lockdown eases you've got to wonder. 

I think masks/face covers are a waste of time for general public but if it's a choice between wearing one or not being allowed in somewhere then I have a biking bandana ready in my backpack. 

32 minutes ago, The Dogmother said:

Has anyone else got blurry eyes watching the footage of Col. Tom Moore watching the flypast on his birthday? He has raised over £30m for the NHS (let's hope they don't squander it!) and  is an absolute inspiration to us all.

Yes very blurry here - he is amazing and I am so glad they have done so much for him.   A great amount of money and hopefully able to go to great use.

23 hours ago, Cat tails said:

For those in for a bit of Lockdown humour, read the posts of this twitter account: 

It’s absolutely bonkers and chapter 74 did really make me smile!

You got to chapter 74??!! Having tried to plough through (admittedly) the straight ones if anyone now mentions The Da Vinci......I tend to develop a nervous tic! And the film - for goodness sake, could they not afford the lighting budget? Couldn't see a thing - worse than Wolf Hall! 

6 minutes ago, soapdragon said:

You got to chapter 74??!! Having tried to plough through (admittedly) the straight ones if anyone now mentions The Da Vinci......I tend to develop a nervous tic! And the film - for goodness sake, could they not afford the lighting budget? Couldn't see a thing - worse than Wolf Hall! 

The chapters are one tweet! So not too bad! And if you feel that way about the original k then you should really read them!

As required by our lockdown rules we walk the dog around our own land, which is something we couldn't do before because of the height of the hay. It's actually become a very enjoyable experience because this year, presumably from all the rain we had, the display of Orchids is fantastic. This year we have cut the land using a small self drive mower which has sufficient manoeuvrability to swerve around the orchid tips showing. Our 'County' (Department) has the largest number of Orchid varieties in France (35 I think?)  and we are home to at least 5 of them. Pyramid, Tongue, Lady (purple), Bee and Lizard we have so far identified. We'll be walking her again today and hopefully won't be interrupted by the violent showers we had yesterday.

Prior to un-lockdown procedures starting on the 11th May all Departments are being classified red or green, the undecided ones are currently orange, which includes us. The colour is based on the virus activity (rate of new cases) and the capacity the local health service has available (hospital beds and intensive care units). After the 11th the essential difference will be whether or not schools and public buildings open. Gatherings will be limited to 10 maximum and bars and restaurants remain closed, but we will be able to travel up to 100km for any reason without needing paperwork. Beaches remain closed I think? Of course we are still a week away and it could all change?