patsylabrador

Lockdown

I've been too scared to wear anything comfortable during the daytime. I even dug out a pair of too small jeans to make me keep up exercise etc. I'd actually lost a bit of weight before all this and I can see me getting it all back if I'm not careful. I've been putting my fitness tracker on when I get up to check how many calories I've burned by the end of the day. I try to get it to 1000. I can feel myself getting more lethargic every day... I didn't even put on any mascara yesterday and that almost never happens. Plus I need to do a 30 day no booze challenge, that's definitely gone downhill. Every day feels like a bank holiday so I forgot about Friday and walked to the post office with a parcel and of course it was shut. Doh! 

Good news... I'm going to the Big Yellow in Slough today to pick up our tower fans! 💖 I never thought I'd be so excited to go to a warehouse in Slough! 

I think the lack of usual routine and structure is affecting everyone like that Jude; me included.

I have been eating better than I ought, and although I am lacking formal exercise (circuit training and 121 beastings) I have been workign outdoors and yomping with the dogs as normal.

Decided to get back into the morning fasting which I sometimes do... early, light and protein-aceous supper and then nothing to eat until lunchtime the next day. Great because the majority of the fasting is done over night, so no thinking about food. I do this on alternate days until things feel firmer and then take it down to just once or twice a week.

Hmm. I, on the other hand have bought a new pair of jeans in a size bigger than I’ve ever had before 🧐 I’m actually consciously not baking as much as I’d like because I know it’ll just lead to me eating too much rubbish - although today - Guinness and a slice of egg custard are an acceptable lunch right?!

I’m not totally lazy - I’m doing two ‘power’ yoga classes a week, working in the garden a lot and going for a long walk most days, but have definitely put on a bit more padding around the middle than I’ve ever had before. Probably unwise as I’m 40 this year - but only temporary hey!? (nowt so permanent as a temporary situation!)

On a separate note - interested to hear what Boris says this evening - the BBC keep saying ‘We’re not going to second guess it’, and then go on to do exactly that 🙄

I'm struggling with wight a bit too.......not really eating any more then before the op but certainly not able to get as much excercise as I was getting as muscle healing is VERY slow. However, I think it gets harder with age and so feel I'm battling on several fronts (not least my own - let alone the back side!). 

Really hoping that the year 10 students can return to their GCSE studies before the summer hols. There are def more people out and about around our village and also more traffic on the main road..I walk up there some days and going back a few weeks it was deserted but now a regular flow of traffic.

I worry very much about all those empty A and E departments. I know there won't be as many road accidents or sports injuries due to lockdown but the stroke and heart attacks surely have not just stopped happening? Equally those who have had ops, chemo etc cancelled and are now living in fear of the consequences. 

Meant to say that I am struggling with weight, not wight and also, clearly, typing!!!

Also struggling with exactly what the new 'guidelines' are.......sadly YS won't return to school before September and ES will prob only go in for a few 'face to face' meetings with his tutor. At least he will be able to play tennis - singles with a friend (I think!!)

Goodness knows what will happen with holidays in the UK over the summer!

Primary school started here yesterday at 50% capacity and secondary school will start June 2nd. So another two weeks of digital lessons for me till then, but we can’t start with full capacity again in June, so will need a lot of figuring out how we are going to manage that...

I have a friend who is a Primary TA and worried about the littlies returning as she seems to spend most of her time wiping noses, faces, hands and taking children to the loo or clearing up 'accidents'. You don't get that with the year 10 students (or at least not until they discover alcohol!). Which reminds me to hide the gin!

Boris Johnson has released a new, " how to keep chickens ".

Get chickens, don't get chickens.
Register chickens with defra, do not register chickens with defra😡
Only feed the chickens from inside your house, unless you can safely feed them outside.
Don't walk to see your chickens, unless you have a car then it's ok to use your pushbike.
And most importantly you must always remain Atleast 2 metres from your chickens.

[from The Poultry Barn]

• Haha 1

A family were fined having travelled from Brum to the beach near OH's cousin last week!  She was quite angry!  But when the family asked for directions to the nearest beach in the village it, the nearest one is actually a muddy sand bank of the estuary.  Not exactly bucket and spade play area, but a beach nonetheless. So the police were informed.  

I've lost track of cases and deaths in the south west - whatever report you read, all are different, so no other option apart from thinking they all pluck a figure out of thin air, embellish or just lie, none can be believed so no point in even trying to keep track, so we'll be behind the gate for the foreseeable future!  Very annoyed now.

3 hours ago, Alis girls said:

I would love to see my elderly aunt 100 miles away, but to drive all that way sit in garden with fish and chips 2m apart then drive back would be tiring all in one day. And if it's as chilly as this week think will have to wait a while. 

I live in Scotland and our rules are different but I took  from England's new regulations you could travel anywhere to exercise but not to visit people.  Maybe I took it wrongly!    
The virus was brought up here by people bringing their relative up here quite near to me for lockdown and it has spread so I think travel should be short distances only.   It's nuts. 

We thought that we would take advantage of the new rules to visit the countryside but after some research online and seeing some truly vile comments about Londoners we decided to enjoy London while it's empty and spend our money in our own home town. Consequently we had a great morning, salt beef beigel from Brick Lane and a quick jaunt across the Thames on the ferry plus driving non-stop through London was a treat. I feel much better now that I've been into town. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am the beholder of these photos. 

IMG_20200513_122908-01.jpeg

IMG_20200513_122558-01.jpeg

IMG_20200513_122427.jpg

DSC04449-01.jpeg

IMG_20200513_122156-01.jpeg

• Like 2

Ooh I went there with my USA friends and thoroughly enjoyed it.   Of course the usual foreign photo snappers could not help trying to take photos in the chambers with the Crown Jewels despite being told and big posters with photos of cameras with a cross on.   Loved it all and also the London eye.   We did loads.

it was trooping the colour weekend so you can imagine the excitement Of my 2 American friends to see the royal family on the balcony.

Edited by Blackrocksrock
  • Like 1

Lovely and very evocative pics, PL. Thanks for sharing. I've only been out of our village x 3 since coming out of hospital on 13th Feb so I feel as though I'm in some sort of parallel universe. Not that I am really desperate to dash off anywhere but it would be nice to have the option!

• Like 1