patsylabrador

Lockdown

Happy Birthday Pl. YS is 19 tomorrow have made him a chocolate cake. Bit of a letdown spending it with Ma and Pa and not hob knobbing with the boys and chatting up the laydees!!! 

Finally go my online yeast today. 

On a not so cheeful note found out yesterday that I had had very close contact with corona patient at work (GP surgery) Poor ladies in ITU - had my swab today as  now day 6. Hopefully I will be ok as had on PPE. One receptionist had test too as she was near pt too. 

Bit worried in case pass to OH or son. Plus my lady I shop for although I wear goves and mask. We had to go in to house last week as she had probs with electrics. Changed a fuse. Less of 2 evils leave old lady of 96 with cataracts to fall in dark (she also gets very scared) or risk COVID 19. No family nearby so praying I am ok

The bug I had in January was very like corona - I saw 4 GPS and none of them seemed to be able to get my chest issue sorted. I managed by the skin of my teeth to stay out of hospital , and  where I caught  it who knows. 

anyway stay well all. Ali xx

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Dogmother said:

Yes, and she has lovely big, clear eyes.

Cattails or Merel?

56 minutes ago, Alis girls said:

The bug I had in January was very like corona - I saw 4 GPS and none of them seemed to be able to get my chest issue sorted. I managed by the skin of my teeth to stay out of hospital , and  where I caught  it who knows

A friend of mine at work did too - had 3 courses of antibiotics before she managed to get it off her chest.

Everything crossed for you Alisgirls xx

Edited by mullethunter
  • Haha 1

Alisgirls fingers crossed for you to be clear.

My son had really bad flu which gave him conjunctivitis, chest probs and a cough lasting weeks in January too.   Eventually getting antibiotics but went on a while.   He was here 2 nights  and I was in the car with him on the airport runs but both me and his dad were ok.   My OH has COPD so did keep them apart.   I am sure it was Covid19.

Lovely photo Cattails.

Merlel looks wonderfully healthy. I got 3 rescue ducks (I wasn't going to until that end of the garden was done but then my nephew booked my kitchen to bake a friends wedding cake and she's allergic to hens eggs) and 3 rescue chickens in the last few weeks. The ducks have gone through their moult and look lovely but no eggs (we had a couple just after we got them) the chickens look very tatty at the moment but they are very confident around people and two are laying now.

Wedding has been postponed until next year so I'll need to get at least one non rescue ducks before then to ensure we can provide the eggs.

It's  been ages since we've had chickens as my husband felt they wrecked the garden more than the ducks, it's lovely having some again

• Like 1

Phew!  Yes, stress headache.  But all good to go now.  

Been enjoying the quietness here, very few planes - didn't get many before.  Then a blooming great big Hercules goes buzzing along the valley.  OH said "WOW!  I can't believe how low that is!"  And then a Chinook did the same on a different day and OH said exactly the same thing.  I love seeing or even hearing the Chinooks because I miss them from our last home - the last time I was in the veggie patch and could almost see the pilot.  Of course I waved.:lol:

Bl***y Chinooks! Fly over us so low that the back door rattles! They do 'curcuits and bumps' and so it can go on for up to two hours.  They not only take off from RAF Benson, about 2 miles away, but also from the small airfield down the bottom of the lane from us so we can often smell the aviation fuel if the wind is in the right direction. Occasionally we have RAF jets taking off and landing here too and, my goodness, they roar! 

Every summer the RAF base has a families day with lots of fly pasts and they also go over us so we get a free show! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It did have perks of being so close to an RAF base - especially the Red Arrows.  Then Farnborough with the Vulcan - oh my - and the Lancaster with the Spitfires (had a local Spitfire doing loops over the fields extra show) and Hurricanes I think - or one Hurricane.  We all used to rush out to look as soon as we heard the droning sound.  AWWWWWWWWWESOME!!!

Here it would be the Fleet Air Arm - oooh hello flying sailors!  

• Like 1

I love the military planes; I don't see so many at home, although we have a regular daily fly over of an Osprey going from their base in Mildenhall over to the 'Specials' base in Hereford. I see loads of aircraft when I am out walking though, and use to work a the head of a valley, which the RAF seemed to use for low level training runs - I'd often look up out of a meeting room window to see a cargo plane or a chopper fly past at tree top level.... added excitement to the day.

17 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Then a blooming great big Hercules goes buzzing along the valley

We’ve had one of those go over a couple of times a week too.

16 hours ago, The Dogmother said:

love Chinooks - would love to fly in one

Have you seen them do their aerobatic display? We saw it when we went to the Red Bull Air Race at Ascot a few years back - it’s incredible how the pilots can fling them about!

57 minutes ago, mullethunter said:

Have you seen them do their aerobatic display? We saw it when we went to the Red Bull Air Race at Ascot a few years back - it’s incredible how the pilots can fling them about!

I have, especially as (according to the laws of Physics) they shouldn't be able to fly... 6 gear boxes, and 2 engines, coupled transmission and intermeshing rotors. But they are amazing warhorses and just enormous.