WitchHazel

Lydia has gone.

Lydia died about half an hour ago.

It was obviousl from about lunchtime that she was going. She found a quiet shady spot in the garden and settled down, but her breathing became more laboured. I lay down beside her earier syringing water into her beak, but then she didn't want any more.

I spent the last half hour with her, just waiting.

My husband arrived home, came out to see us, and she had a heart attack and died a few minutes later. The last few moments were awful, and I'm relieved that my DH was there with me.

She was such a lovely girl. So friendly, so willing to be cuddled. I'll miss her so much.

So sorry to hear about Lydia. I know exactly how you are feeling. I lost Ginger a few months ago, she died in my arms. It was so so sad and I cried for hours afterwards but I had some comfort in the fact that I was there with her and I was the last thing she saw before she died. As she went I told her how much I loved her and what joy she had brought to my life. I still miss her dreadfully but at least she had 15 months of freedom, and knowing that helps me. I'm sure Lydia knew she was special and was glad you were there with her.

Witchhazel I just wanted to say how sorry I am. I have read lots of your posts, when you were getting your run ready, and how excited you were waiting for your chooks.

You gave Lydia a lovely life for the time she was with you.

I can imagine how you are feeling as in the few weeks I have had my two they have given me so much fun and pleasure and I am really attached to them already.

Thinking of you, I hope you feel better soon.

XX

So, soo sorry for you loss, bless little Lydia - what a special chicken, love & blessed with such special loving tender care & kindness. Sounds like she moved into the veils of another heavenly place surrounded in endless love, warmth & eventual peace.

Many Prayers , Blessings & thoughts with you & yours