Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

Oh Koojie - yuck I hate ants. Last week on the allotment ES (13) and should know better managed to roll in ants nest - they were everywhere in his hair - had to hose him down and then home for shower. To say I was cross with him was an understatement. Didnt OH notice he'd dug it up? I am squirming just thinking about it

Fennel, cabbage, beans, peas, courgettes, tomatoes, lettuce, 2 plums (I'm fighting the dog for these as she's learned how to pick her own fruit :roll: ) and.....

....our first ever, fully grown, CAULIFLOWER!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

(I usually have problems with brassicas!)

3 nice small courgettes

2 MONSTER courgettes - the hens had those!

20 or so cherry tomatoes,Sungold & a cherry plum

2 lovely little Gem lettuces

A handful of red spring onions

And it looks like I will get an Artichoke later this week 8)

Never eaten one,never cooked one,but its a beautiful thing & has grown with no problems at all :D

Am picking courgettes by the bushell, peas, beetroots, mange tout and flowers - a neighbour gave me a load of dahlias. I used to be a bit snooty about them, but love the splash of colour everywhere! Swapped my last 'bouquet' with a builder for some good planks for my raised beds! Had my first cabbage ever last week, and it was quite edible! :D Also spinach - not the usual kind, but perpetual. Ok I think, but the souffle I turned it into was :( !

I love pink fir apple, we haven't got any this year.

yesterday we picked...

loads of courgettes

onions

carrots

turnips

a huge swede

a couple of pieces of calabrese

a small cauliflower

a lovely pointed cabbage

radishes

a cucumber

and some tomatoes

loads of redcurrants and blackcurrants and some blackberries (jam)

Toms toms and more toms. I think we are getting blight. :( Going to nip out the tops and pot em up before the nasty thing gets the rest of them. Tons of beans. All sorts. Something has made my Gladstone peas disappear - when I was saving some for seed. Can't see any damage. There are mice, but they tend to leave evidence. Don't rats sneak off with the whole lot? No sign of rats either. :think:

Something has made my Gladstone peas disappear - when I was saving some for seed. Can't see any damage. There are mice, but they tend to leave evidence. Don't rats sneak off with the whole lot? No sign of rats either. :think:

odds on its rats our allottment's lost most of this years peas to rats you'll probly find the pods under the pea plants the bean racks or under the potato foliage

Lots of beetroot! It's my first time growing it.

I twisted the leaves off, washed it using a scrubby sponge, trimmed the top and bottom off, wrapped it in a double layer of greaseproof which I had buttered generously, then baked at 160 for 45 minutes.

There is enough to fill a 1 pint pudding basin.

The skins slip of really easily once cooked.

I've just sliced some up and eaten it with Scouse. Yum!

*edited to add: also some broad beans, rhubarb and courgettes.