patsylabrador

how do you dry your bath towels?

I like my towels to be very crunchy so I never use softener in the wash and dry them in the stillest air. if they are so dry that they stick to you to suck up the moisture then I'm happy. I don't like velour type towels that just slide off you. I was amused by one towel I got off the line in the summer that I was able to stand rigidly on the floor in a sort of cube - I live a simple life.

Towels here are either line dried outside or hung on the Sheila maid over the kitchen fire. We don't have radiators or a tumble dryer.

The towels are always quite crispy, I don't mind this but the rest of the family like soft fluffy towels so often have a moan about them.

Oh will use fabric softener if he does a load of laundry but I am not keen on it, I find it gives the laundry a slimey feel to it and also find the smell overpowering, enough to make me sneeze.

I don't really like my towels rough and crunchy, but I don't like them really fluffy and soft either. I like them to be co"Ooops, word censored!"-ish so that the fibres aren't choked up with conditioner, and they dry the skin properly. "Fluffy and Soft" towels look and feel great, but are usually rubbish at drying.

We have very hard water, and I use a small amount of white vinegar in the wash for towels. I then air dry thm (on the line if it is warm and dry outside, on an airer otherwise).

Using towels with un-conditioned fibres is a great way of exfoliating. I have friends who spend time body-brushing, and I've explained to them that if they didn't clog the fibres of their towels with conditioner, then they'd be able to do the same job just by drying themselves.

Im ashamed to admit that everything went in my tumble dryer no matter what the weather. It is only a few weeks ago i bought myself a cheaper than cheap clothers line thingy from B&M cost £6.99 i think :shock: and i have started hanging everything on there. Its so easy to hang the stuff on it in the kitchen then carry the whole thing outside to dry and if it starts to rain i can carry the whole thing back in very easily.

And so i have now been introduced to the pleasure of the crunchy towel :D i love it and as has been said before exfoliation for free! :lol:

I like to line dry until almost dry then pop into dryer for 10mins to soften them. I use conditioner occasionally for towels. OH likes crunchy towels, YS doesnt think I should use tumble dryer or conditioner...so will accept crunchy towels MiL likes soft but conditioner doesn't really gree with her skin, me??? I like an easy life... :lol:

:lol:

I'm so glad I am not the only one who likes 'crunchy' towels - don't have a tumble-dryer, and I don't use conditioner as I hate the feel of it on clothes. They are line dried where possible, or on an airer otherwise. My brother-in-law apparently complained last time he stayed here (to my sister, not to me) that my towels were too rough and hurt his face!

....I like them straight off the line.....

Unless the washing line was within arm's reach of my bathroom window, my neighbours would definitely complain about that......

:whistle:

:lol::lol:

I do use a little conditioner for mine as I don't like them tooooo crunchy. If it is fine, they go outside but I might just finish them off for 5 minutes in the tumble drier.

Otherwise, I will leave them on the airer in the utility room until just about dry and then they get a five minute blast in the drier.

I love to hang them outside when it is really icy cold so that they almost crack when you try and fold them. They do smell wonderful then ...but I am afraid that they will stil get the last blast of heated air for a bit of softness!

I like crunchy towels too, that smell fresh from the line. I only use conditioner on synthetic jumpers, like the ones that the children wear for school, they just feel :vom: without it.

I can only dry outside in the summer, my garden is north facing and quite shaded, so we see very little daylight in the winter. I hate drying washing indoors. I only rarely use my drier in emergencies, I would hate to be without one, but it is used sparingly. In the winter I hang the washing on airers in the lounge overnight to use up the remaining heat from the woodburner.